Botvac connected not cleaning the whole area

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac connected not cleaning the whole area

Postby LanMorehell » June 5th, 2018, 7:41 am

Hello!

I've got a strange problem with my Botvac connected - Recently it started to think that he had finished cleaning before it actually does. The cleaning for the past 2 weeks have taken about 20 minutes instead of usual 1.5 hours. Then the robot just says "returning to base", returns and sleeps until next schedule.

My firts thought was that something with his sensors. But the cleaning map clearly shows that its not the case: the map contains blank areas without walls, which means that robot sees that there are room for cleaning, But it just doesnt go there. Sometimes it may clean one half of the room leaving the another half. The cleaning map is very, VERY weird.

What may be the reason for such behavior? My suggestion now is that it may be the software problem, but as there are no updates beyond 2.2.0 whic is actually installed, I dont know how can I reinstall the firmware or reset it...

LanMorehell

Re: Botvac connected not cleaning the whole area

Postby Noge » August 16th, 2018, 11:06 am

I've had a similar problem. turns out that if you move furniture after the 1st time you mapped, the robot doesn't
recognise where it is on the map & will no longer go to certain areas.
Noge

Return to Neato Robotics