New Neato D5 Connected Having Issues

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

New Neato D5 Connected Having Issues

Postby waffr » June 8th, 2018, 6:17 pm

I set up the robot perfectly without any issues. However, this robot would clean for 5-10 minutes and just stop completely. Upon looking in the app, it seems the robot has disconnected from the internet. After a while, the robot would sound its startup noise and attempts to connect to the internet. What it looks like to me is that the robot randomly restarts itself without any warning... I want to like this robot so bad.
waffr

Re: New Neato D5 Connected Having Issues

Postby waffr » June 8th, 2018, 6:19 pm

And this happens over and over despite resetting it to pairing mode and doing the whole process again. It just restarts as if nothing happened.
waffr

Postby fmulders » June 10th, 2018, 11:20 am

You can try to check the battery connector.
Just open the cover and disconnect-reconnect several times to clean up the contacts from the connector.
fmulders

Postby waffr » June 10th, 2018, 2:58 pm

So I'm trying to disconnect the battery, but what do I do after pressing on the clip and hearing a click. It still feels difficult to pull out
waffr

Postby doublem » June 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm

I had the same bahaviour on a new D7.

I returned it to the reseller and got a new D7. I have no problems at all with the new unit. 100% happy.
doublem

Postby Ozzyd » June 21st, 2018, 12:31 pm

doublem wrote:I had the same bahaviour on a new D7.

I returned it to the reseller and got a new D7. I have no problems at all with the new unit. 100% happy.

Hi,
How is the D7 performance on carpet. I read that it has Carpet Boost called Turbo mode. This is according to http://prorobot.info/neato-botvac-d5-connected-review/ website. I am torn in between the D5 and D7
Ozzyd

Return to Neato Robotics