XV 21 Won't run but is charged, I think.

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

XV 21 Won't run but is charged, I think.

Postby evergreendors » June 24th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I have an Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy about 3 years old. It had been running great for about a year and a half. Then I stopped using him. He remained on the charging base, but unused. I have since gone back to using him. Well, tried at least. I asked him to clean for the first time in about 6 months last week. He cleaned 3 or 4 days in a row with no probs. I've since asked him to clean today and nothing. He starts up, moves away from charger, spins makes noise then says he needs a charge but doesn't even go back to base. I push him back to base, he glows red/orange and within a few min is back to steady green. I ask him to clean and the whole cycle starts again. I removed the batteries and did a test with the meter and it said 7.8 on one and 7.7 on the other. I left them out for about an hour reinstalled, his new batteries and nothing, same thing. I opened the charging station, pulled out the cord and directly put into the jack int eh robot. Turned it off and left it alone. I just turned it back on, it is solid green. I asked it to clean and same thing again. I've ready lots of different things about what to do next. Do I just g out and get new batteries assuming they can't take the load or is there another test I can do to the batteries to see if they can or cannot take a load?

So frustrating, it is shedding season and I need to get this boy working...
evergreendors

Re: XV 21 Won't run but is charged, I think.

Postby vic7767 » June 24th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Replace your batteries. Fully charged batteries should read about 8.4 volts
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics