Neato XV-21 Finishing Prematurely

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato XV-21 Finishing Prematurely

Postby normtheneato » July 17th, 2018, 12:56 pm

My Neato XV-21 only cleans for about 5-10 minutes before saying it is finished and returning to base. The battery has not been fully discharged, because I can immediately repeat this cycle over and over without recharge needed, but it seems to think if has cleaned the whole area really prematurely and then returning to its base. I have not changed layouts of my house and have not moved the Neato's base, but it will not clean more than a small area anymore before thinking it is done. I replaced the battery 8 months ago, so the battery should (and appears to) still have plenty of juice left in it. I've tried putting it in a new spot to see if something was blocking it, and it does the same thing where after a few minus, it says its; finished even though it has plenty of battery and nothing blocking it.
normtheneato

Re: Neato XV-21 Finishing Prematurely

Postby JEfromCanada » July 17th, 2018, 1:26 pm

And you tried using the menu to tell it you were using a new battery?
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Re: Neato XV-21 Finishing Prematurely

Postby Brett » July 17th, 2018, 10:19 pm

normtheneato wrote:... Finishing Prematurely ...

I HATE it when that happens!

(-8

Try the above, and also make sure the side sensor lenses in the corner of the bumper are clean.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

Robot repair: www.qubot.com.au
Brett
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics