Neato D5 wheel does not click

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato D5 wheel does not click

Postby Myron96 » July 21st, 2018, 3:26 pm

My Neato Botvac D5 is giving the error of please put me on floor. I did a walk through with Neato help and determine one of the wheels does not click when depressed. We are out of the warranty by one month. Any suggestions on how to fix this on our own? We have cleaned all the sensors, reset so many times, it’s definitely something with the one wheel. the wheel moves fine manually, it is not stuck. This happened spontaneously during a cleaning, I thought it was stuck on something on carpet picked it up was clear put back on floor and kept giving error message.

Thanks! Super frustrated that it’s one month out of warranty and Neato is not doing anything other than giving us a list of authorized repair dealers.
Myron96

Re: Neato D5 wheel does not click

Postby vic7767 » July 21st, 2018, 5:24 pm

There is a small circular magnetic disc located inside the drive wheel assembly that is used by the Neato firmware to detect movement as well as distance traveled. That disc may be damaged or a piece of it has broken off. There is also a micro-switch that is used to detect if the wheel assembly is on the floor and not lifted up. This switch has a small clip that may have dislodged.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Myron96 » July 21st, 2018, 6:02 pm

Thanks! Is it easily accessible to get to these parts? From what I’ve seen other models the wheels come off but for this model I haven’t found any directions on how to access the wheel compartment readily.
Myron96

Postby vic7767 » July 21st, 2018, 7:29 pm

I don't have a D5 to tear down but there may be info on youtube.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics