Neato D5 "Please put me down on the floor"

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato D5 "Please put me down on the floor"

Postby elfamosorafo » July 26th, 2018, 7:45 pm

I'm trying to diagnose if the drop sensors are the problems on a D5. I Connected it to Neato Controls Program and I managed to "Rule out" the the wheel limit switches. Everything else seems to work great according to the program, in other words, managed to change the "false " reading to a "true" when selected. I'm hoping somebody can tell me what the other sensors for which I have not written a description are.... Thanxssss

SNSR_DC_JACK_IS_IN=False
SNSR_DUSTBIN_IS_IN=False
SNSR_LEFT_WHEEL_EXTENDED=False
SNSR_RIGHT_WHEEL_EXTENDED=False
LSIDEBIT=False
LFRONTBIT=False
LLDSBIT=False
RSIDEBIT=False
RFRONTBIT=False
RLDSBIT=False

SNSR_DC_JACK_IS_IN ....................................................DC Jack ( like on a XV series)
SNSR_DUSTBIN_IS_IN......................................................Dustbin
SNSR_LEFT_WHEEL_EXTENDED.................................Left wheel
SNSR_RIGHT_WHEEL_EXTENDED...............................Right Wheel
LSIDEBIT..............................................................................Left Side Bumper
LFRONTBIT.........................................................................Left Front Bumper
LLDSBIT
RSIDEBIT.............................................................................Right Side Bumper
RFRONTBIT........................................................................Right front bumper
RLDSBIT
Forget TALK, Show Me PROOF...
elfamosorafo

Re: Neato D5 "Please put me down on the floor"

Postby elfamosorafo » July 29th, 2018, 7:48 pm

So, I got a new D5. Connected it to the Neato Controls program and compared the new and damaged D5s. What is immediately noticeable is the accelerometers. On the new one, the values fluctuate. They are constantly changing value whether I touch the vacuum or not. The broken one's don't and have a very extreme value. (see Below) And the other sensors like the Drop sensors (answered my previous post) are reading NOTHING. The robot seems to be thinking that it is upside down or the main PCB just simply went on vacation. I looked for a replacement board online but the ones pictured are not the same one. And all I seem to find is boards for the D85 Botvac. Anybody know where I can find one???

BatteryVoltage=mV=15092
BatteryCurrent=mA=-177
BatteryTemperature=mC=29400
ExternalVoltage=mV=0
AccelerometerX=mG=2147483647
AccelerometerY=mG=2147483647
AccelerometerZ=mG=2147483647

CompassmeterX=mG=0
CompassmeterY=mG=0
CompassmeterZ=mG=0
GyroscopeX=dps=0
GyroscopeY=dps=0
GyroscopeZ=dps=0
IMUAccelerometerX=mG=0
IMUAccelerometerY=mG=0
IMUAccelerometerZ=mG=0
VacuumCurrent=mA=0
SideBrushCurrent=mA=0
MagSensorLeft=VAL=0
MagSensorRight=VAL=0
WallSensor=mm=0
DropSensorLeft=mm=0
DropSensorRight=mm=0
Forget TALK, Show Me PROOF...
elfamosorafo

Re: Neato D5 "Please put me down on the floor"

Postby vic7767 » July 29th, 2018, 9:33 pm

The D5 Neato model is still new so there are very few that have been torn down for resale as parts on ebay or Amazon.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics