D7 not following created floorplan

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D7 not following created floorplan

Postby Noge » August 6th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Hello.

In the attached pic, you'll see the created floorplan on top.

in order to create it, I took out the 2 rugs that i have, for the robot to be able to properly map the room.

once this was done, i put the rugs back and set the no-go lines around the rugs accordingly.

but now, when the robot follows the created floorplan, it makes a U-turn once it gets to the 2 areas I CIRCLED IN RED.
instead of continuing to clean the areas IN YELLOW)

it only does that in these 2 spots, nowhere else in my house, but they're also the only 2 areas where I use no-go lines.

redoing the lines does not change anything.

I don't understand why the robot turns back, because the space does not narrow at the red circles and the robot
has plenty of room (a clear path) to go around the rugs...

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_9668.PNG
Noge

Re: D7 not following created floorplan

Postby Noge » August 9th, 2018, 4:45 am

Ok i figured it out.

as i also took out the tables, chairs etc that were on the rugs, the robot could not recognise the plan anymore once everything was put back in place.

Solution: i redid the floorplan, but only took out the rugs, leaving everything else in place.
Noge

Return to Neato Robotics