D7 wfi keeps cutting off

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D7 wfi keeps cutting off

Postby Noge » August 9th, 2018, 6:43 am

Seems quite a few people experience these problems and I realise it's difficult to judge whether it's the robot
or my router.

the robot cuts off on a regular basis (the wifi led starts blinking).

however, when I then access my router it says the robot is still connected.
Only in the app its shows as disconnected. - So it might be a problem with the neato servers rather than my wifi?

in general, if the wifi cuts off, it's when I access the robot with my app (starting robot , checking floor map etc),
but it also can happen during cleaning.

sometimes it reconnects by itself, other times I have to reboot the router or the robot... or both.

I've assigned a static IP to the robot & also forwarded the relevant ports. This seems to help a bit but definitely
does not resolve it 100%

What doesn't help: my router/modem is a "Freebox revolution" which is from a French internet provider called "FREE", So probably unknown to you!
Noge

Re: D7 wfi keeps cutting off

Postby Ruben » September 14th, 2018, 11:54 am

My Wifi doesn't cut off suddenly, but I find it bad enough that it can't reconnect automatically.

I have a TPLink router and the Wifi is very unstable. I don't know what the problem is, but Wifi goes every other day off, and I have to manually reset the Botvac (and rename it, grinds my gears) to connect it again.

I will definitely try assigning a static IP, but I don't think the problem is on the router side...

It's annoying to have a clean programmed...just to realize wifi went off and I cannot reconnect it till I'm home.

My Chromecast can connect automatically, as well as my mobile phone, laptop, tablet and Wifi repeater, but not my Botvac. I find it really ironic that they call him "connected".
Ruben

Re: D7 wfi keeps cutting off

Postby Noge » September 14th, 2018, 12:04 pm

As advised I gave mine a static ip & forwarded ports 80, 443 & 123.
I thought it improved somewhat, but turns out not really....

I just randomly have to restart the robot and/or router to get it to reconnect again and it's more miss than hit..

I guess the problem is my home router as I have another D7 for my office where I have no problems at all.
Noge

Return to Neato Robotics