D7 review with long pet hair

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D7 review with long pet hair

Postby rotorwash » September 22nd, 2018, 10:47 am

I have a Roomba 980 does well with long pet hair but the D7 looks better in room mapping and no go programming. I just hate cleaning brushes. The roomba seems to do a great job not tangling the extractors and the cleaning that needs to happen is very simple. Any input on this?
rotorwash

Re: D7 review with long pet hair

Postby glnc222 » September 22nd, 2018, 1:45 pm

An original sales point of Neato was less brush cleaning with their all blade, no bristle brushes on their first model. I noticed this with carpet fiber getting stuck in the bristles, apart from pet hair, and preferred that for use on carpet. Then they added a combo brush later half bristles dubbed a "pet and allergy" brush. Such combos seem the most common type of brush supplied on several different robot brands. Neato still supplies all blade brushes separately I think. Supposedly the bristles pick up more pet hair but I have not seen it measured scientifically.

Samsung's Powerbot smaller 7000 series introduced a hair cutting brush system last year, with cutting edges on the brush guard, supposedly disposing of pet hair, but comments report it does not work on fluffy cat hair. There is always some gimmick in the industry needing personal testing. I personally use the larger Samsung 9000 series as an upgrade from previous Neato's, and do not have pets to test with.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics