Botvac Connected: "faulty room recognition"

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac Connected: "faulty room recognition"

Postby SerEvo » October 7th, 2018, 9:42 am

Hi!
I'm hoping somone on here can help me and/or point me in the right direction.

I own a Botvac connected. For about two weeks now the d** thing won't work anymore (and it run our of warrenty just a month ago....). And sorry for my english, I'm german... That makes trouble shooting that much harder as German you tube videos/blogs etc aren't that numerous.

The error: It will only roll forward for abour 40cm (about half a yard) then it stops and starts beeping and the display reads "faulty room recognition". This is the german-->english translation, I'm fairly certain the error code is 3000 so this might be the "my vision is blocked" error (any other ideas wich error code it might be? that would really help with googeling ..). I partially disassembled the thing and have to reassemble it to check. But the laser unit is definitly spinning. I suspect it is spinning at a too low frequency and the motor might be damaged. Could this be correct and replacing the motor might be the way to go? So far I tried cleaning around the lased unit and checked/cleaned the belt that drives the unit.. no change

Also does anybody have a good step by step youtube video on how to disassemble a botvac connected? I have realtives that can help wenn it comes to soldering and so on but up to that point I'm on my own. So I really do appreciate any help.

Thanks!
SerEvo

Re: Botvac Connected: "faulty room recognition"

Postby Noge » October 8th, 2018, 5:13 am

did something change around the home base? (furniture moved maybe)
I have this with my D7, if the situation at start is not exactly as it was mapped out, the robot will stop.
this is only on start, cos once it's on it's way it will adapt to changes in the floorplan.
Noge

Re: Botvac Connected: "faulty room recognition"

Postby SerEvo » October 8th, 2018, 10:52 am

Hi,
no it has nothing to do with moved furniture. The error has happened independently from a start from home base or not. I have not been able to create a situation for it to progress further than up to it trying to scan the room (spinning the laser unit, starting to vacuum/turning the brushes), stop everything, beep and repeat that three times in total before displaying the error (by the way without an error code).
SerEvo

Return to Neato Robotics