Update 4.4.0-72

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Update 4.4.0-72

Postby fmulders » January 13th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Well I started a support ticket last Sunday.
No response on the email, so on Tuesday I started a Chat on the support site. After some standard checks I got an email with extra questions that I answered directly. (Adres and prove of purchase) after my answer they should send me details how and where to send the Bot.
Two days later, no response so I replied to the email asking what was going on!

Got an response next day that it could take 3-5 working days before the request was handled by the other department.

Hmmm, I am curious where I have to send it. I live in the Netherlands and the online store where I bought the bot has this support agreement with Neato during the first year of factory warranty.

Actually I have 5 years warranty on this bot.
I guess after the first year the store needs to solve the issue itself...

I will keep you all posted about this Support process.
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby redpoint5 » January 14th, 2019, 12:57 pm

I appreciate the detailed info you're providing here. Hope they get it solved to your satisfaction quickly.

My expectation is that I'll be relying on the experts here in the coming years to guide me to fixing my bot as problems pop up.
redpoint5
Robot Groupie

Postby fmulders » January 14th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Today I received extra information and an RMA number.
I have to send it to "Letmerepair GMBH" in Germany. UPS Standard shipping label was attached to the email.
So far so good...

O little detail. Support reacted on my very first email send more then a week ago.
They would like me to do some test to diagnose my problem with the bot.
Never mind, I already have an RMA number.

Conclusion: Do not use the email option for support. It is to slow, try the chat function or the phone of course.
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby fmulders » January 29th, 2019, 6:24 pm

My D3 has returned!
It was away for only 10 days. They replaced the Lidar motor.

Brett wrote:Because of the design of the (new smaller type) motor sitting under the plastic LIDAR base plate, and the shape of the holes to fit/mount the motor to it, I have found some that small bits of sand/grit land on top of the LIDAR motor itself, and then fall through small holes into the motor locking it up.
Not sure if this will help you though.

I think Neato is reading our information from here :-)
Guess what!
The new little Lidar motor has a round piece of masking tape on the housing. This is covering up the not used holes in the top so no sand or dust can enter the motor again.

Problem solved!
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby Botty » January 30th, 2019, 4:56 am

fmulders wrote:The new little Lidar motor has a round piece of masking tape on the housing. This is covering up the not used holes in the top so no sand or dust can enter the motor again.

Problem solved!

can you post a photo of this?
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby fmulders » February 2nd, 2019, 6:36 am

Here you can see the original motor which got stuck inside!
Old motor.jpg

And here a photo where you can see Neato is putting a round sticker on the new motor to cover up the unused small mounting holes. This stops small sand grains from entering.
Modified motor.jpg

When I asked Neato support if this was a common problem. (failing of the lidar motor) they told me it sometimes happens but not so often...
Hmmm, still they have a modification for the issue!

I advice you all, cover it up! It is a very small and easy DIY modification that can prevent issues in the future.
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Postby Brett » February 3rd, 2019, 9:03 pm

Thanks for the pics - simple solution.

It's is quite similar to the older Roomba cleaning head motors - the standard motor has a couple of "cooling" slots (it is the same motor as used in hair-dryers etc). iRobot realised that grit was getting in there and in the last iteration of that cleaning head style (and carried over to the new designs) they put a piece of tape over the holes!

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to Neato Robotics