Vorwerk side brush on Botvac

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Vorwerk side brush on Botvac

Postby HiTec » January 18th, 2019, 10:04 am

Just thought to share my findings.

So, i realized Vorwerk robovacs have bigger side brush than on Neatos, so i thought to give it a shot and ordered Vorwerk brush from China.

Each brush is about 1cm longer than Neatos brush. Neatos side brush shaft is couple mm thicker than Vorwerk. But Vorwerks side brush has different height, so...

Pretty simple. Unscrew the Neatos side brush shafts Torx screw (no need to open the robot), find a new, but longer screw and use two nuts that fit to Vorwerks side brush mounting. Then screw the new screw/nut assembly to Neatos side brush shaft and voila, you can use Vorwerk side brush on Neato, and revert it back to OEM if you want.

Cleans edges on hard floors much more better than Neatos brush, but on carpet it strugles because of the belt drive.
HiTec
Robot Groupie

Re: Vorwerk side brush on Botvac

Postby fmulders » January 19th, 2019, 5:05 am

Thanks for sharing HiTec!

I never thought about that.
But indeed, I also think the standard length is to short if you have only hard floor type.
Ordered a pair for my D85 and going to try...
fmulders
Robot Groupie

Re: Vorwerk side brush on Botvac

Postby HiTec » January 19th, 2019, 4:00 pm

No problem!

My China brush is bad quality. Way too soft bristless -> wont last.

Next im going to order OEM Vorwerk replacement side brush to see if its better quality.

Otherwise im very happy about the better edge cleaning, this is how it should have been in the first place.
HiTec
Robot Groupie

Return to Neato Robotics