Lidar state turns all red if D85 bumps into wall

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Lidar state turns all red if D85 bumps into wall

Postby daniellee0412 » February 17th, 2019, 3:35 am

Hi everyone - newbie here, reading up on all the great threads on this forum :)

I have a D85, worked well for about a year, but recently when cleaning, after about 30 min, it'll stop with error 400x, and even if I retry, it'll stop over and over with a 400x error every time.I suspected a battery problem and replaced with a non-OEM battery, but I'm still seeing the same issue. Since this always occurs after running about 30 min, I suspected a low voltage problem and ran the Neato until I hit the 4000 error, than connected with NeatoControl and turned Vacuum/Lidar/Brush on, but FuelPercent>50 and BatteryVoltage stays at 12.2-12.4V. The BatteryCurrent jumps between -1000mA and -3000mA, I'm not sure if the wide range is normal.

While running the vacuum and lidar, the lidar scan looks good (see screenshot below), but if I hit the front corner of my neato with my fist, similar to if it's bumping into a wall, then the scan goes blank and the lidar state changes to all red. Turning the lidar off and back on doesn't help, but if I disconnect/reconnect NeatoControl and turn the lidar back on, then everything is back to normal. Could this cause the 4000x error during cleaning? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!!

lidar-normal.png

lidar-bad.png

____ Discrete: ____=
SNSR_DC_JACK_IS_IN=False
SNSR_DUSTBIN_IS_IN=False
SNSR_LEFT_WHEEL_EXTENDED=False
SNSR_RIGHT_WHEEL_EXTENDED=False
LSIDEBIT=False
LFRONTBIT=False
LLDSBIT=False
RSIDEBIT=False
RFRONTBIT=False