Neato D7 Wheels Squeaking

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Neato D7 Wheels Squeaking

Postby cbsmith » February 19th, 2019, 11:58 am

I have noticed the past few runs of my D7 that when it gets on a long straight stretch of cleaning that one or both of the wheels are squeaking as it drives.

I am wondering what the best type of lubricant for the wheels may be as I don’t want to use one that will make it worse. It is also under warranty so I am able to contact Neato and see what they say about lubricating them or exchanging it. It is about 7 months old at this point.

Thanks
cbsmith

Re: Neato D7 Wheels Squeaking

Postby vic7767 » February 19th, 2019, 2:14 pm

I use white lithium grease or spray depending on the area or object needing lubrication.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » February 19th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Close tolerances around the wheels allows tiny mfg errors in mounting to cause rubbing some part of the case. At least this was the case with an XV model, where a little filing of the adjacent parts, I think cast aluminum battery holder, worked.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby fmulders » February 20th, 2019, 2:33 am

cbsmith wrote:I have noticed the past few runs of my D7 that when it gets on a long straight stretch of cleaning that one or both of the wheels are squeaking as it drives.

I had the same experience with my D3, straight out of the box during the first run!
But I replace those wheels because of my floor type. Perhaps that is also something you can consider.
see: http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20995
fmulders

Postby glnc222 » February 20th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Those are not the drive wheels, and I think called rollers instead of "wheels". There are cases where the sides of the drive wheels can rub against the case. Exactly what is squeeking needs to be identified.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics