Does Neato D3 scratches hardwood floor?

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Does Neato D3 scratches hardwood floor?

Postby cleanf » March 14th, 2019, 9:12 am

I've read about Roombas scratching hardwoodfloors, so I gave up buying one. After watching the reviews/videos on vacuum wars youtube channel, I found out about Neatos and I was willing to buy a D3. But today I read this: http://www.robotreviews.com/blog/bailey ... -hw-floors

So, I'd like to know if I am going to face problems with scratches in hardwood floors. Would a picture of the hardwood floor help replying to the question?

In general, what part of the vacuum robot scratches the floor? Wheels? Brushes?
cleanf

Re: Does Neato D3 scratches hardwood floor?

Postby JEfromCanada » March 14th, 2019, 11:22 pm

If I were to guess, it would be the brush guard. But the post you referred to was in reference to a basketball court. I think the special lacquer on those courts might make it more prone to be scratched by any mechanized device.
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Return to Neato Robotics