D3 sidebrush addon.

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

D3 sidebrush addon.

Postby EverReady » March 27th, 2019, 10:45 pm

I had a Bot-vac 65 that I have switch out for a D3 and I miss the side brush, but not for 200$+

I have taken the side brush module out of the 65 and its a direct swap into a D3 minus two holes to be drilled.
The new D3 board has a plug for side brush sensor that is located next to the side brush motor plug, which I assume is needed for functionality. (That and maybe a firmware\software lockout).

1. Has anyone taken apart the higher versions of the D series and see what this sensor does or exists?
EverReady

Re: D3 sidebrush addon.

Postby glnc222 » April 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm

I do not have the information on the Botvac side brush circuits, but when adding a side brush to an XV model (see Mods & Repairs List top of forum), I used the vacuum fan power supply to power a gear motor, switching on only when cleaning. A polyfuse was used to handle any spin stalls. It might be possible to experiment with the Botvac side brush motor to see whether it spins usefully on a 12v battery supply. Lot of Neato motors have PWM speed control and this is not known for this case, though it would often involve a tachometer sensor wire in addition to the motor power. The fan power also comes on under USB control whenever Test Mode is set, with motors spinning only under a PWM signal on a separate wire. The fan power could also be used to open a mosfet switch for some other power supply.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Neato Robotics