Botvac Connected not spinning LIDAR

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac Connected not spinning LIDAR

Postby essayer » April 9th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Our Botvac Connected is about 2 years old and recently it's started starting and then stopping before saying "Press OK to continue".

Connecting NeatoControl, the LIDAR doesn't spin when "Scan LDS" is selected. Removed the cover and checked for voltage at the "LDS Motor" and it reports battery voltage, when enabled, approx 16v, but the motor isn't spinning.

Concerningly, I don't see the side brush spin when "Side Brush" is selected. Wheels, vacuum and brush and all the sensors work fine.

Suspect LDS Motor? Same motor as on vic7767? (I'm in the UK so will need to find an alternative supplier - "1710" is all that's written on it)

Should the red LIDAR illuminator be enabled when "Scan LDS" is on? If not, is it possibly a board issue?

Thanks for any pointers.
essayer

Re: Botvac Connected not spinning LIDAR

Postby essayer » April 12th, 2019, 9:00 am

Took the LIDAR motor to bits and the brushes look a very sorry state
Can anyone confirm that the XV-series and Connected-series have a different type of LIDAR motor?
Attachments
75BD2714-4194-4445-87BE-8C6E7054F4EB.jpeg
essayer

Postby vic7767 » April 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm

The motor is the same. The only difference is the cable is longer on the Botvac Connected.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby essayer » April 23rd, 2019, 8:25 am

In the end I purchased a couple of these (UK)

https://www.electronelec.co.uk/acatalog ... MOTOR.html

A straight swap with all screw holes aligning, just needed the lead polarities reversed as noted on other threads.

(re. my comment about side brush, it appears that in Neato Control, "Brush" must be activated for "Side Brush" to work)
essayer

Return to Neato Robotics