Battery for XV 25

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Battery for XV 25

Postby NewfieDrool » June 3rd, 2019, 6:32 am

Hello

I’ve still got my old XV 25 which is still working well but the batteries are on their last legs.
I’m U.K. based and can’t seem to find the original batteries that Neato offer.
Is there any Particula make or should aim for and where’s the best place to purchase these from.

The other option is to think maybe it’s time to replace it but I’m not sure what’s on the market now and how much improvement I’ll get.

Got to say it’s been a good machine, handled my Newfoundland dogs hair and now I’ve a wee Tibetan Terrier so it’s got an easier life now.
NewfieDrool

Re: Battery for XV 25

Postby JEfromCanada » June 3rd, 2019, 12:15 pm

RobotShop has offices in Canada, US and Europe, and it still stocks batteries for XV-series bots. That's where I buy my supplies.

Edit: I don't see stock of the battery on their UK site (I do see batteries in stock in Canada). Probably not worth the shipping cost to get them from North America.
Current robots:
Roomba Discovery 4210 (R.I.P. - Freecycled)
Roomba 560 (retired)
Neato XV-11 SW version 3.1.17844, LDS version 2.6.15295, with Pet Brush and Vic's filter (sold)
Neato Botvac 80 SW version 1.1.97, LDS version 2.6.15295, Board SW version 22753
JEfromCanada
Robot Addict

Postby glnc222 » June 3rd, 2019, 8:53 pm

These XV models are so old it is not surprising the batteries may not be available from Neato Robotics, not much demand, what with after-market suppliers and all. Amazon UK lists a pair from China at 49 Pounds, another at 73 from Lithuania of all places. Batteries for the Botvac are simpler (single pack) and smaller so usually less expensive.
From China AliExpress might be cheaper, one listed at $31 (24.5 Pounds) including shipping.
These batteries ship more easily than the newer lithium ion batteries with restrictions for fire hazard, being older NiMh chemistry. There were lithium ion replacements from AnewPow (for Europe) more expensive, lasting longer.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby NewfieDrool » June 4th, 2019, 1:20 am

Thanks for the replies.

Perhaps it’s time to retire the XV and move onto a newer cleaner weighing up the cost of 2 and the life span of both battery and the cleaner itself. I’m surprised it’s lasted so long.
NewfieDrool

Return to Neato Robotics