Botvac D80 Reverse and spinning in circles

News and information about the Neato XV-11 Robotic Vacuum. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Botvac D80 Reverse and spinning in circles

Postby bedejay » June 22nd, 2019, 7:50 pm

Hello! I have been dealing with this problem for a while. I thought it was the battery, but I ended up replacing it with a fresh OEM battery and the issues still persists. The robot has been used 3-4 times a week for about 1.5 years and now it will clean for a little, maybe 4 sq. ft. area before hitting the reverse and circle routine. It seems to always reverse towards the right.

Fast forward to today, same issue. I just follow it around and turn it on to pick up my cats hair, but I discovered the NeatoControl app and checked my robot out. It looks like the analog sensors are working since I manually pressed the bumpers and slowly lifted the body to engage the wheel extended sensor. In addition, I was thinking it might be the drop sensor but body tilted up raised both of those values accordingly.

Not sure what it could be as I thought I could simply replace all sensors to get my robot back, but seems the sensors are working fine? I also tested the Lidar, but unsure if there was anything useable from the data. My robot would complete a revolution in ~5.2 and I saw the values around as I scrolled the data points. The ones without data points had error code 8003 and 8035 tagged at the end. Unsure if this points to a lidar issue.

Spent $250 on the D80 almost 2 years ago and am happy with the runtime since it really limited the manual vacuuming/mopping I did over the year. Debating if I should just buy another unit.

Any help is much appreciated!
bedejay

Return to Neato Robotics