Braava Jet off-label

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Braava Jet off-label

Postby bs03 » July 4th, 2016, 9:27 pm

I got a Braava Jet.
I have a sensitivity to artificial scents.
I can only use the disposable pads in nice weather when all the windows are open.

I got washable pads. No scent is good but no cleaner/disinfectant is bad.
So my current thinking is that I either use something I use in my large Scooba in the Braava Jet, or I spray the floor with a cleaner and let the Braava "clean" it up.

Has anyone tried anything besides water?

Thanks for listening.
bs03

Re: Braava Jet off-label

Postby Frueds » July 26th, 2016, 2:19 am

Hi

I got the Braava Jet 240. The washable microfiber cloth is what I use. I spray the floors in a light fashion of the cleaning solution of my choice. It works wonders.
Frueds

Postby bs03 » October 19th, 2016, 12:59 am

Thanks. I have been pre-spraying the floor like you suggested. It only takes a second and seems to work well.

I'm sorry for not posting sooner.
bs03

Postby namuramc » January 25th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Hi guys, first post here and just got my Braava Jet. I was just wondering if the stuff for the Scooba 450 i.e the iRobot hard floor cleaner would be potentially safe for use on it? Was thinking to put a drop into the device before sending it off :D

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)
namuramc

Postby Atena » February 26th, 2017, 8:20 am

Frueds wrote:Hi

I got the Braava Jet 240. The washable microfiber cloth is what I use. I spray the floors in a light fashion of the cleaning solution of my choice. It works wonders.

Hi
I have a Braava Jet 240 and I bought the washable microfiber cloth but I'm using only with water because I don't know which cleaning solution it's safe to use. I use the braava on hardwood floors and tile floors.

Which cleaning solution do you use?

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Atena

Postby bs03 » February 26th, 2017, 11:48 am

I have been using Frueds' suggestion of spraying the floor and then running the Braava with water in it. I have found I can use most cleaners this way.

I often use diluted vinegar around my house. I use this on all of my floors, even my wood floors from 1960. This is my routine option.
For periodic or tougher cleaning, I dilute pourable Lysol or Mr.Clean and put it in a spray bottle for my solid floors. I'll use Murphy's Oil Soap in a spray bottle for my wood floors.

I tried using Method bathroom spray but it left my floor sticky. I did not try diluting it.

I would say anything that you can use with a mop should work best.
bs03

Postby Atena » February 26th, 2017, 6:34 pm

bs03 wrote:I have been using Frueds' suggestion of spraying the floor and then running the Braava with water in it. I have found I can use most cleaners this way.

I often use diluted vinegar around my house. I use this on all of my floors, even my wood floors from 1960. This is my routine option.
For periodic or tougher cleaning, I dilute pourable Lysol or Mr.Clean and put it in a spray bottle for my solid floors. I'll use Murphy's Oil Soap in a spray bottle for my wood floors.

I tried using Method bathroom spray but it left my floor sticky. I did not try diluting it.

I would say anything that you can use with a mop should work best.

Thank you for your help! :) Reading what you said I came to the same conclusion: we can use anything that can be used with a mop. I'll browse the cleaning products available in my country.
Atena

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics