Evolution Robotics Mint II

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Evolution Robotics Mint II

Postby piokrza » December 20th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Evolution Robotics just announced improved version of Mint robotic cleaner (aka Mint I). The Mint II or "Mint with Pro-Clean", contains Pro-Clean System - water container in cleaning pad - knowned from Mint Plus version. The new model is in gray finish. All other features are like Mint I.

Mint Pro-Clean (aka Mint II - model 4205) will be available for $249 ($50 more than Mint I, and $50 less than Mint Plus).

mint_ii_front.jpg

Source: http://robotbg.com/news/2011/12/14/evol ... cs_mint_ii
piokrza
Robot Master

Re: Evolution Robotics Mint II

Postby nastdude » December 21st, 2011, 6:08 am

Looks very interesting (good find) :-)

for a list of mint differences:

http://mintcleaner.com/products/

Cheers
Nathan .
nastdude

Postby RockinRay » January 5th, 2012, 2:48 pm

We are thinking about one of these.

Anyone used one for some time now? What are your thoughts?

We have hardwood in the kitchen, bathroom, and entryway and I am not sure how I would set this up to mop. There is also carpet in the familyroom and diningroom with no real barriers to stop the device.

Scooba better? Or Mint better?

Thanks - Ray
RockinRay

Postby Fraggboy » January 5th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Comparing the Mint to the Scooba is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Both offer cleaning of hard floors, but with different processes.

The Scooba does great with tile due to the brush being able to scrub the grout lines. Other hardwood floors can't be cleaned with a mop and bucket means you can't use a Scooba.

It would all depend on the type of flooring a person has to determine which product would work best for their environment.

IMHO, and if your environment supports it, get a Scooba. I would rather the robot to scrub the floor, than just going over with a wet wipe.
Chris

:confusion-shrug:
Website Question? Check out the FAQ section.
Roomba/Scooba Question? Check out the READ FIRST section.
:text-search:
Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » January 5th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I have a original Mint and a Scooba 350. The scooba works as Fraggboy describes and is great for scrubbing tile and grout. The Mint does a great job providing the floors are not too dirty. With my Mint I wet the pad and also spray any stains. The newer Mints have a fluid reservoir so the extra spray step may not be needed.

The main reason I got the mint was more quiet cleaning of hardwood and tile. I still use a roomba for rugs and the scooba about once a month on tile.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
Shark Ion 750
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby djos » January 5th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Fraggboy wrote:Comparing the Mint to the Scooba is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Both offer cleaning of hard floors, but with different processes.

The Scooba does great with tile due to the brush being able to scrub the grout lines. Other hardwood floors can't be cleaned with a mop and bucket means you can't use a Scooba.

It would all depend on the type of flooring a person has to determine which product would work best for their environment.

IMHO, and if your environment supports it, get a Scooba. I would rather the robot to scrub the floor, than just going over with a wet wipe.

As a Mint owner I agree completely, the Mint is great but if your floor supports a Scooba it's the best choice.
Current Robot's:
Neato BotVac 80 w/ Li-NMC Battery , 2x XV11 w/ Li-NMC Battery
iRobot Roomba 561 w/ NiMh Battery & Aerovac Bin, Scooba 380 w/ Li-NMC Battery

Previous Robots:
iRobot Roomba 562PE w/ Aerovac Bin & Sealed-bearing CHM
Evolution Mint 4200
djos
Robot Addict

Postby RockinRay » January 7th, 2012, 7:27 pm

So we have natural hardwood finished floors.

Scooba still the best? I am just not sure. We have tile in the master bathroom so the grout cleaning would be nice. But, this would be use mostly on the hardwood floors.

Thanks again!

Ray
RockinRay

Postby Fraggboy » January 7th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Simply put, if you can clean your hardwood floors with a mop and bucket, then a Scooba would benefit your home.
Chris

:confusion-shrug:
Website Question? Check out the FAQ section.
Roomba/Scooba Question? Check out the READ FIRST section.
:text-search:
Before posting, check out the improved Search engine. Your question might have been answered already.
Fraggboy
Robot Master

Postby RockinRay » January 9th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Thank you for the great replies.

I think we will go with Scooba on this.

Ray
RockinRay

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics