Braava 320/380 on parquet floor

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Braava 320/380 on parquet floor

Postby mailhoarder » August 21st, 2014, 7:41 am

Hello,
I have a question about Braava wet cleaning. Is it good to make wet cleaning on parquet/hardwood floor? And if I use it with Pro-Cleaning-Reservoir-Pad?

I use neato 3 times a week and want to make wet cleaning once a week using Braava.
mailhoarder

Re: Braava 320/380 on parquet floor

Postby vic7767 » September 6th, 2014, 8:20 pm

A lot will depend on how well your parquet floors are sealed. What wet methods have you used in the past ?
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » September 7th, 2014, 7:58 am

I use orangeglo on my Mint 4200, just by applying to to the pad. It works great on my unsealed floors. If you use a product suitable for unsealed floors in the reservoir you should be all set.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
Shark Ion 750
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby Jellyfishxoxo » October 1st, 2014, 10:43 am

Hi,

Braava 320/380 is good for all smooth types of floor (parquet, linoleum etc.)

Using neato 3 times a week is enough to prepare floor for braava, but the best time for using braava is right after your neato finish his job.

About Pro-Cleaning-Reservoir-Pad - its a good thing for braava, you can fill the pad with anything you want, but this wont solve problems with dirt on the mop, which can do smudges on the floor, so you have to wash the mop anyway after cca 12-20m2, if your braava will clean your floor regularly . Using braava once per week is enough if you have no kids, no pets etc.

If you consider to buy Braava 320, there is no Pro-Cleaning-Reservoir-Pad in the box, so you have to buy it for additional money. (35 euro in our store)
Braava 320 have only one navigation cube and you cant expand cleaning area by buying the another one. Charging time is about 10hours.

Braava 380 - charging time is about 4 hours (2 hours with turbo charger), you can expand cleaning area with 3 additional navigation cubes which you can buy.

In the box you will find 1 Microfibre cloth for wet cleaning and one for dry cleaning (sweeping) and Pro-Cleaning-Reservoir-Pad (only with 380).
Jellyfishxoxo

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics