Braava m6 streaking The floor

News and information about the iRobot Braava - formerly the Evolution Mint Robotic Cleaner. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Braava m6 streaking The floor

Postby Transammatt » June 9th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Guys I want to love this new M6. It maps the house just as good as the I 7+ it cleans basted on the room you choose. But it just doesn’t clean very well my braava 380t with a microfiber washable cloth cleans way better. This m6 leaves streaks and tire marks everywhere on my shiny Brazilian cherry hardwood? Anyone else having problems? So just to let you know I used the wet cleaning pads that came with the robot with half of their solution like the book says. Left streaks everywhere,the other day from Best Buy I received the washable microfiber cleaning pads they seem to be leaving just as many streaks I just don’t get it. I called iRobot today and sent pictures they are going to send it to their technical team, I don’t know how they’re going to be able to help. What a disappointment if I do not get this to clean better!
Attachments
FA1AAB48-DDEF-484E-9A62-FFECB74BF613.jpeg
B7BDEB24-4FC3-4353-A6D7-E9C4DA175816.jpeg
Transammatt

Re: Braava m6 streaking The floor

Postby mattshup » June 11th, 2019, 2:06 pm

I have one that I have been running for about a week and have not noticed a single streak or any marks from the wheels. I do have a darker hardwood floor with less of a shine, so maybe that has a bit to do with it, but still after inspecting I don't see any streaks.

Either way, I do believe this is something that iRobot will be able to fix with a software update. Making it more aware of where it has been and traversing across open areas where it has already cleaned. Even going back to the dock by driving alongside the edge of the wall or something of that sort.
mattshup

Re: Braava m6 streaking The floor

Postby Transammatt » June 12th, 2019, 9:13 am

Thank you for the info. I’m hoping your right about better navigation. So lots of people will be Receiving there robots this week. A few people on Facebook is complaining about streaks too. So we will see.
Matt
Transammatt

Return to iRobot Braava - Evolution Robotics