News 2017: Samsung POWERbot VR7000

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: News 2017: Samsung POWERbot VR7000

Postby gerind7 » July 24th, 2017, 4:48 am

Ok perfect!
gerind7

Postby glnc222 » July 24th, 2017, 1:17 pm

If you have time there is still no published spec of the 7000 battery to compare with the 9000. Visible on the battery label, and the part number there is needed to check replacement prices.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby gerind7 » July 25th, 2017, 7:56 am

glnc222 wrote:If you have time there is still no published spec of the 7000 battery to compare with the 9000. Visible on the battery label, and the part number there is needed to check replacement prices.

There is a very detailed review in thai (best to open it with google translator) where it also shows the battery disassembled ... Tue part number is DJ96-08193B :wink:

https://www.thanop.com/samsung-powerbot-vr7000-review/
gerind7

Postby glnc222 » July 25th, 2017, 2:07 pm

So the 7000 battery -- this model anyway -- is 24v 3600mah, similar to 9250 21v 3600mah. After all, the brush is only an inch shorter, and run time is the same. The voltage is twice a Neato Botvac with similar mah but twice the energy -- and expensive ($175 on a 9000), but could last a few years, unknown yet -- none wore out so far, too new.
Not yet listed at samsungparts.com.

[edit] Some such lithium batteries claim 800 charging cycle life. Running every other day a year and a half I am approaching 300, so maybe it will last at least three years, maybe more in such heavy use -- adequate compared to other battery robots. Cheaper, smaller NiMh batteries, now abandoned in favor of lithium finally in vacuums, had much shorter life. Safer new lithium chemistries, LiNMC etc., and higher priced robots moved the industry onward.

Battery costs are a unique feature of high power robotics compared to other battery powered gadgets, which first time users should understand. The high power usage and frequent recharging wears out such batteries, unlike phones and computers. Hybrid cars use much more expensive (ten times more) cells which last longer.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » September 30th, 2017, 5:52 pm

A used minimal model R7010 was on Amazon $155 delivered. Lot of price competition showing up.

The R7065 is listed on the U.S. website but not yet in stores: same as 7070 but with the combo brush instead of the self-cleaning brush. What a many model maker.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby piokrza » October 1st, 2017, 5:40 pm

glnc222 wrote:A used minimal model R7010 was on Amazon $155 delivered. Lot of price competition showing up.

Wow, huge drop! :shock:
I wonder how much for shipping to Poland :think:
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » October 1st, 2017, 7:04 pm

But it's used, Warehouse-Deals. Sometimes defects are handled with free returns efficient within U.S. only.
It is now $165 plus Amazon intl. shipping about $35 as I read their site. 15 lbs large over-size box, so were I to forward it by U.S. Postal Service Intl. $120 shipping. UPS might be more because faster. Some people use ocean freight services which can be cheaper, take longer. This is a very minimal model. Hard to trade in such heavy items used intl.
Amazon can ship cheaper because bundling in volume with contracted carriers. There are other forwarding services such as ebay's, maybe in between.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » October 1st, 2017, 7:14 pm

New it is $200 https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-POWERbot-R7010-Robot-Vacuum/dp/B06WRX15HS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506899594&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+powerbot+r7010+robot+vacuum

[edit] When I imported a Powerbot from Australia, it could not be registered at the U.S. website, being for a different country (it was over a year before that newer model became available here, a still newer form switching to mag strips from optical Virtual Guard boundary marking).
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby piokrza » October 3rd, 2017, 4:52 am

Still good price! I know it doesn't have remote control, WiFi and only simple daily scheduler is available, but I really like simple things, especially if it comes to home appliances..this model in Poland costs 2,5x times more (1799PLN~489USD) :roll:
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » October 3rd, 2017, 12:39 pm

Closer amazon.de Germany has a larger 9020 at 342 Euros. Larger bin but no front shutter, and taller. The side bumper not as good either (see mod VR9000 thread). Larger wheels for more carpet. Warehouses in Germany?
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby ZeroZone » October 7th, 2017, 3:05 am

For Wifi models, is it possible schedule the clean only in certain days of the week automatically? or it will be repeated every day?
ZeroZone

Postby glnc222 » October 7th, 2017, 1:48 pm

The U.S. website manual for the larger 9040 cheaper WiFi shows the scheduling options on the remote to include either or both single time or repeated daily. Selection of once or repeated is made before selecting date and time.
Having both engaged is mentioned (one time set for repeated daily and another for one particular day only). The App description says only
"8. Schedule (You can set the desired time for each date.)"
The 7040 cheaper smaller model has the same description in its manual, and for the app
"9. Schedule (Once / Daily)"
This kind of feature is not likely to vary across models wherever scheduling is supplied, as would involve a lot more programming work, besides confusing customers.
I have not looked at what subtleties are added for models with persistent mapping and "select-a-room", whether each room can be given its own schedule -- I would not count on it.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby piokrza » October 11th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Samsung has just launched the new Star Wars Limited Edition of POWERbot VR7000 Robot Vacuum, two models available: Darth Vader ("Black") and Stormtrooper ("White"). Behind main vacuuming features available in all other VR7000's vacuum units, Star Wars edition will contain some special:
Both models also offer fun and unique sound effects appropriate for each character. For example, when powering on the Darth Vader unit, the vacuum will play and mimic the character’s infamous breathing.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung ... bot-vacuum

Darth-Vader_1.jpg

Darth-Vader_2.jpg

Darth-Vader_3.jpg

Stormtrooper_1.jpg

Stormtrooper_2.jpg

Stormtrooper_3.jpg
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby RobotJunkie30 » October 14th, 2017, 6:36 am

glnc222 wrote:Sounds like a defective unit, doing half of the first room and quitting?

The cleaning pattern used by Samsung does not seem to do one room at a time, apart from its "select a room" feature on the more expensive 9350. It does edges by running straight into them instead of along the edge, and goes as far as possible each crossing, until it bumps another wall -- minimizing time consuming turns. It then has to return to unfinished parts of rooms to complete coverage. It will run a minimum of half an hour doing extra in small spaces.

Ecovacs Deebot claims its own version of "select a room", not surprising given how it is mainly a matter of the smartphone app, with the support inherent in ability to recharge and resume where left off, using the mapping performed -- and not discarding the map at the end of cleaning.

No! My naigbour also tried one and same issues. Also similar “real” reports on amazon and on different forums. Samsung needs to fix the navigation probably pay whoever holds the license to LDS and patents and get it on their vaccums. This camera system is not working for them. Thats why it costs 200$ on amazon and they have 10 used to sell always as it plainly sucks...
RobotJunkie30

Postby glnc222 » October 14th, 2017, 8:01 pm

My 9000 series model has navigated perfectly for two years and over 300 runs. I don't expect that system to be any different in the 7000 series. The same sort of camera system is now used by Roomba, LG, Dyson, Bosch, and Electrolux besides Samsung. The lidar systems are a dozen years old, ancient history in electronics. The ever advancing capacity of cpu's and cheaper cameras makes the difference.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby RobotJunkie30 » October 14th, 2017, 8:19 pm

glnc222 wrote:My 9000 series model has navigated perfectly for two years and over 300 runs. I don't expect that system to be any different in the 7000 series. The same sort of camera system is now used by Roomba, LG, Dyson, Bosch, and Electrolux besides Samsung. The lidar systems are a dozen years old, ancient history in electronics. The ever advancing capacity of cpu's and cheaper cameras makes the difference.

Eather you have 2 room apartment or you work for samsung. What is it? I do not beleave your claim of perfect navigation. Xiaomi comes close but 7000 is far far away from perfect navigation. Neather 9000 nor 7000 can come close to irobot 980 let alone xiaomi in navigation! Yes all those vaccums you mention are horrible. Bosch also relies on laser as I understand it not only camera. Old system but camera is new? A robot navigating in a house with furniture mooving, doors closing, people going around, and light sorces changing only solution is LDS not a webcam. Irobot and samsung are like blind bats feeling around and LDS robots see the whole room right away with millimeter precision. Neatos programmers are **** that is why xiaomi cold overtake them in a matter of a year and have better navigation. Just wait for their version 2 and 3 it will just crush evarything as they are doing allready.
RobotJunkie30

Postby glnc222 » October 14th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Besides durability other aspects have proven a problem at least on Neato Robotics' lidar system, the oldest. Some furniture with chrome plated legs have caused traps for lack of detection, and shapes defeating the bumper. MIrrors and glass doors have always been a problem, but also some polished stone walls or baseboards, and some newer style stainless steal baseboards in kitchens, either from reflection or absorption of the light beam. Not to mention the polished metal pedestal bar stools, fixed with a bumper lowering mod to at least engage the bumper; Powerbot, maybe just from size, passes the bar stool test.

What I would like to see in these robots is some more thorough treatment of the cliff sensor problem where standard proximity sensors measuring distance are defeated by some black floor and carpet materials (and shut down robots). They might be able to work on a fixed distance parallax method similar to the short range lidars (which do not work with timing like radar, and even use a type of camera sensor to measure angles, but need research (hard to find that problem carpet); Sparkfun hobby supply even sells a laser range finder using this, just needing a spin platform to make a lidar scanner). Custom cliff sensors would have to be made instead of off-the-shelf standard components, but not hard to make (see thread in hacking forum).
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » October 14th, 2017, 9:38 pm

I find skepticism warranted on performance of all these vacuum robot brands, and field reports are important. The makers avoid discussing their limitations. I do not see consistency so far on 7000 nav problems and it is almost never mentioned on 9000's marketed for several years now. But they make a lot of nice things and are major suppliers of components to all the other companies including the iPhone. But never trust a vacuum robot until tested yourself in your unique environment. Best bought where it can be returned if not suitable. They don't work everywhere and are a slowly advancing technology, not exactly huge sellers with cash flows for heavy research investment.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby RobotJunkie30 » October 15th, 2017, 3:56 am

glnc222 wrote:Besides durability other aspects have proven a problem at least on Neato Robotics' lidar system, the oldest. Some furniture with chrome plated legs have caused traps for lack of detection, and shapes defeating the bumper. MIrrors and glass doors have always been a problem, but also some polished stone walls or baseboards, and some newer style stainless steal baseboards in kitchens, either from reflection or absorption of the light beam. Not to mention the polished metal pedestal bar stools, fixed with a bumper lowering mod to at least engage the bumper; Powerbot, maybe just from size, passes the bar stool test.

What I would like to see in these robots is some more thorough treatment of the cliff sensor problem where standard proximity sensors measuring distance are defeated by some black floor and carpet materials (and shut down robots). They might be able to work on a fixed distance parallax method similar to the short range lidars (which do not work with timing like radar, and even use a type of camera sensor to measure angles, but need research (hard to find that problem carpet); Sparkfun hobby supply even sells a laser range finder using this, just needing a spin platform to make a lidar scanner). Custom cliff sensors would have to be made instead of off-the-shelf standard components, but not hard to make (see thread in hacking forum).

You never answered my question? I have never experienced problems with shiny objects I really do not know why you keep mention this? Xiaomi har ultrasonics sensor in front and can sense things wayyy better than samsung. And why do you fail to mention that samsung will ram anything with black color! Mine 7000 killed itself it smashed its bumper so hard broke the bumper on my black table leg. Did you ever run xiaomi or neato/ vorwerk or deebot 95 in your house? Or anything other than samsung?
RobotJunkie30

Postby piokrza » October 16th, 2017, 5:02 pm

piokrza
Robot Master

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung Robots