VC-RM94W?

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

VC-RM94W?

Postby simzhewei » January 28th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Hi,

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the VC-RM94W? http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/living-appliances/vacuumcleaners/robot/VC-RM94W Looks like it's the 5th gen version of the RL87W. Can't seem to find anything non-korean on it. I understand that it's a korea-only model, but any ideas on pricing would be nice.

Thanks!
simzhewei

Re: VC-RM94W?

Postby piokrza » January 28th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Exaclty. VC-RM94W ("Smart Tango" product line) is a robotic vac with web cam feature - simply, a new version of VC-RL87W from previous Samsung generation ("Tango Stealth" product line). Both has marketing name: "Tango View". VC-RM94W just entered the market, so sellers do not have him in their bids, yet.
past: Samsung SR8855 (bad sw) Samsung SR8895 (bad rotor) Neato XV-11/XV-15 Roomba 780 (bad battery) Scooba 385 Roomba 530 2x Scooba 230 (broken bladder), Samsung SR8980, Samsung VR10F71
current: Roomba 620 (bad CHM; repaired u/warranty)
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby MTomika » November 13th, 2012, 10:03 am

I've just received my RM94 from Korea. It looks great. It's very silent.

But because it is for the Korean market only, the instruction manual is in Korean. I had to use google translator to understand even what is on the remote.
The package not only contain the robot, 2 Wifi router is included too.

Here comes the hard part. Before you want to control your robot remotely you have to register the product first. But as a foreigner it is hard, becouse the korean site needs your Korean social security number. Without that I was not able to register it.

The other thing. You can only control your robot through tangoview.co.kr website. Only registered products can be
controlled. The android app is connecting to this site too.

So I stuck.

It does a great job as a robotic vacuum, but until I don't figure out how to register the product, and how to force it to connect tothe router I won't be able to control it, or use it as a webcam.

If someone has any idea, please let me know how to slove or circumvent these problems.
MTomika

Postby milosherman » December 5th, 2013, 2:57 am

Hi,

I also bougt the VC-RM94W on eBay from Korea.
The Product was described in English on their site, but when I got it Everything is in Korean... :(
I have figured out how to use the cleaner as is, but the camera and wifi function I can not configure...
Have you found a way how do this yet?

Also, any idea why there are two wifi routers supplied? Why not only one?

Milos
milosherman

Postby all_mac » January 4th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Same problem... and if we could register in TangoView website, it is for free only in the first year.
all_mac

Return to Samsung Robots