Error C01 (the VR 9000 jumps back and stops)

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Error C01 (the VR 9000 jumps back and stops)

Postby cyrus » July 15th, 2017, 9:34 am

Hi friends,
I have a Powerbot VR 9000 and after two years I experienced the code C01.
Have a look to this video: I have e the same problem
https://youtu.be/oj3YwPOWOFc
The sensors and everything is clean . I run my Vr 9000 without filters and brush but it sticks after some seconds.
I have also some problems with the display that is fading after two years only..
Do you have some suggestions to avoid the robot sent to Samsung maintenance and try to repair by myself?
Many thanks!
Ciro
cyrus

Re: Error C01 (the VR 9000 jumps back and stops)

Postby glnc222 » July 15th, 2017, 7:47 pm

The video shows a false obstacle detection from either the drive wheels stalling, the bumper sensor, the IR proximity sensors or the cliff sensors. The bumpers etc. would tend to trigger a turning motion to avoid the obstacle, so maybe it is in the drive wheel motors. Hard to say with these things without replacing parts until it works.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Bocks » July 15th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Based on what its doing it looks like one of the IR sensors is detecting something. Check to see if the plastic is scuffed up badly on top of the bumper. Maybe clean it really well with Windex and a soft cloth.
I put 3M Clear Bra cut to the proper side on all of my sensor windows to hopefully prevent this.

My old 500 Series Roomba's did this same thing when the clear plastic in front of the IR sensors got beat up enough that it messed with the IR light reflection.

Maybe remove the clear plastic window in front of the IR sensors and see if it runs properly?
Thanks,
Lance
Bocks
Robot Groupie

Postby glnc222 » July 16th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Error C01 is for stalling the brush motor, with debris in the brush or some defect in the motor drive. There is an enclosed belt drive. Getting this error with the brush removed raises questions about the drive and the motor. The bot senses rpm of the brush and software can detect problems spinning the brush.
It is possible the bot responds to some binding in the brush drive by pulling backwards to try and free it from an entanglement, who knows? That the bot does not turn when pulling back might suggest this unusual case in the software, compared to the common obstacle and cliff sensing.

I imagine the first thing a shop would do is replace the brush motor and see if that helps. The drive belt and couplings should be examined for any debris binding. Such couplings are a problem in vacuum robots exposed to dirt over long periods, with the inexpensive fittings used. Examine bearings on both ends of the brush. Fiber build up is especially a problem.

Another problem observed is dirt binding the edge of the bumper, sticking it sometimes closed. Opening the front part of the case only with the screws under the brush accesses the bumper for cleaning that area to insure free movement.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby cyrus » July 18th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Dear friends,
thanks for your feedback that were really useful.
I dismounted the VR 9000 following the service manual and performed a deep clean of wheels, sensors, plastic parts, motor, brush etc.. Although I have taken care of cleaning the unit after every cycle it was really full of dust, hairs, etc..
Now it works perfectly and the only part I should change is the display that lost brilliance and that is fading progressively.
Job done!
:cheers:
Ciao from Italy

Cyrus
cyrus

Return to Samsung Robots