powerbot factory settings

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

powerbot factory settings

Postby davidhaluska » January 7th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Hi All,

Could somebody help me how to reset powerbot to factory settings? I have VR7000 with wifi and my intention is to remove all details regarding wifi and my Samsung account from it.

Thanks,

David
davidhaluska

Re: powerbot factory settings

Postby glnc222 » January 7th, 2018, 4:04 pm

You might post this question to the user forum at the samsung website.

I think the only thing to be changed is the WiFi router password in the robot, and this can be reset by just repeating the registration procedure for the router, with the "add device" option in the Smart Home app -- reconnect to another router etc. as though doing the first time.

The schedule in the robot can be reset with the scheduling functions in the app or on the remote.

I am not sure about registration of the robot for warranty at the samsung website. It is possible the robot can just be registered to another account anytime, you would have to ask customer service if it doesn't work and a problem shows up. The warranty may not even depend on the website account registration, which is separate from the robot WiFi connection registration to the servers, which is for cloud functions used, firmware updates etc. It can probably just be re-registered to another account any time, with not need for any particular reset to default -- there being no default...
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby davidhaluska » January 8th, 2018, 2:52 pm

My concern is more security related. I will be maybe returning device to shop and I would delete my wifi settings from there. Any device which has ability to store any data as such needs to have option to perform reset. Unfortunately even Samsung hotline was unable to answer this.
davidhaluska

Postby glnc222 » January 9th, 2018, 1:59 pm

I posted this issue on Samsung's website no reply yet. A tedious work around exists: temporarily change the password in a router to something and register that in the robot, erasing the real password, then reset the router to normal.
That removes the password to be protected from the robot.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby glnc222 » January 10th, 2018, 7:24 pm

reply from Samsung:
Sadly there is not a method to resetting the vacuum itself but there is a way to reset the Smart Home connections in the app. This can be done by going to Smart Home, under Settings > Connected members, select the vacuum, and then touch Reset to disconnect all Samsung accounts from the device.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby davidhaluska » January 11th, 2018, 7:07 am

Yes that I found but unfortunately this powerbot is not able to work with Samsung smart home when I'm trying to add it there it will get me that this device is designed for newer Samsung Connect and do not let me add it in smart home. In Samsung Connect this option for deleting all accounts from vac is missing sadly.

David
davidhaluska

Postby davidhaluska » January 13th, 2018, 1:39 pm

I have returned VR7000 within 14 days period, it was not able to climb on my high pile carpet and had also issues with navigation. Replaced with Neato Botvac D5 Connected firstly I thought it will not do carpet at all so I wanted to put magnetic strip around, but after first test I found that it has absolutely no problem with that high pile carpet where Samsung was just useless. Also navigation is two classes better. Really shame for Samsung as they are doing capable machines in terms of HW and also design but their software is just degrading them rapidly.
davidhaluska

Postby glnc222 » January 13th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Was the problem climbing onto the carpet edge or moving within the carpet? How thick is the carpet?
I use the 9000's series with 4 inch instead of 3 inch wheels just because of slippery, rather than deep, carpet -- on which a Neato required a modification to handle (thread "slick carpet effect". But the 9000 does not fit under as much furniture; mine is just too low for any of the bots... The carpet edge can still be a separate issue.

The rounded protruding brush guard on the Neato's may allow it to climb edges better, not clear at least as the 9000's are concerned. I do not have a 7000 to test, not buying one just to do so. Yet their brush guard may reduce deep carpet cleaning. My measurements showed better cleaning with the 9000, and the 7000 very similar design. The top 9350 turbo has flexible wheel rims and a higher threshold height maximum, which might handle carpet edges better. Not clearly worth the higher price.

There is insufficient data on just what the different robots can and cannot handle. Also getting it to move on the carpet is a separate issue from how deeply it cleans the carpet. These machines are made for hard floors basically.

Getting a return option and trying in your particular environment is the best way to get these products. They cannot handle all flooring and furniture with the present state of the art.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby davidhaluska » January 14th, 2018, 4:08 am

Hi glnc222,

I was thinking that Samsung will handle carpet better but that was not the case and I was pretty surprised when neato had no issue with that I was absolutely not expecting that.

Samsung has issue especially with climbing to my carpet it usually stopped/crashed (at the place just after the brush but when I was examining there was no edge or so which could prevent it to happen but even trying to move it to the carpet by hand it was evident something just after crush is hitting edge of carpet) at the border of carpet and I heard that wheels were spinning and sneaking on the floor resulting to move at the edge of the carpet from side to side and sometimes ending with C01 error. Sometimes he was successful to climb to carpet but when he does he was probably detecting like brush blockage as he was moving forward, backward...etc, probably due to new rubber brush.

My carpet is around 2 cm - nearly 1 inch in height and it is high pile quite dense carpet - very fluffy.

David
davidhaluska

Postby glnc222 » January 14th, 2018, 3:13 pm

The "fine print" in the Samsung manual even specifies this carpet edge and depth exceeds the robot climbing capacity, unusually detailed disclosure in the industry.
I found neither the Samsung nor the Neato could navigate Premium Wamsutta Fluffy Bath Rugs. The higher traction wheels on the 9350 turbo powerbot might work on it, but would need testing.
Carpet navigation has been a limitation of vacuum robots since their introduction. Some ardent fans have even replaced carpets to use the devices. Lucky you found one that works in your situation.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Samsung Robots