Is it worth buying? R7010

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Is it worth buying? R7010

Postby takedown » July 28th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm an owner of the 9250 model for over 2 and half years.
my thoughts about the robot is mostly on the negtive side.
In the past years my robot broke his wheels about 3 times, 1 left and 2 right.
i have replaced the 2 of them but when the third had broken a week ago i finaly got to the conclusion that this model needs to be maintain every now and then but the cost getting higher. the price for one fricking wheel in my country can be around 100$.
so now I'm thinking that is better to find a newer replacement.
i saw there is a new model that is much more cheaper R7010.

Is there any one here that currently have this model or series?
please let me know how well its doing the job and any feedback or review will be mostly helpful.

Thanks in advanced.

Ron
takedown

Re: Is it worth buying? R7010

Postby glnc222 » July 28th, 2018, 8:35 pm

It is hard to imagine how the wheels on the robot could be broken -- or do you mean the drive motor? The bot does not drive with enough force to damage the wheels, you would have to use a hammer or something. Perhaps more detail would clarify the issue.

My 9250 has run four years with excellent performance -- after a couple of mods made detailed in this forum. Certainly nothing that wouldd damage wheels. It has run 400 times with still not apparent wear on the battery.

The R7010 is a lower end model without several features in the 9250. Compare the models at Samsung's website. Depends on what you want. The main feature of the 7000 series is a lower profile to fit under more furniture types, at the cost of a smaller dirt bin. It also has the typical 3 inch wheels compared to the larger 4 inch wheels on the 9000's, which can help in some carpet situations.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby takedown » July 29th, 2018, 3:47 am

Yes, the gear of the 2 wheels had failed to spin
and now a little plastic tip that hold the spring of my third wheel had been broken.

My robot is operating on a hard floor with no significant obstacles, the only thing that may or was a issue is my
carpet with black strips but i manage to get over it by gluing with a white duct tape on to the IR sensor.
takedown

Postby glnc222 » July 29th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Was it covered under warranty? sounds like defective mfg. How old was it? How was it bought?
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby takedown » July 30th, 2018, 2:03 am

Unfortunately there is only 3 month of warranty to the wheels,
therefore after only 7 month the first wheel been broken so the saga re-happened again after a year.

The wheels had been bought directly from the main importer of Samsung products in my country.

I will continue and collect some information about the new model.
takedown

Return to Samsung Robots