Samsung powerbot 9350

News and information about the Samsung Navibot, Tango, Furot and VC series Robotic Vacuums. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Samsung powerbot 9350

Postby n0oxy » March 24th, 2019, 10:02 am

Hey everyone, I was looking at Samsung's robot series and the 9350 appears to be the top of the line model, I've seen a few videos on youtube that are pretty impressive. The Samsung robots do not seem to be nearly as popular as Roomba or Neato, it seems those two companies have most of the market. I'm wondering if anyone has the 9350 and if so, what do you think? Is it worth getting?
n0oxy

Re: Samsung powerbot 9350

Postby glnc222 » March 24th, 2019, 6:39 pm

I have the close cousin 9250, with the difference being the "select a room" mapping feature on the 9350. The 9350 may also have the flexible rim wheels with higher traction for higher threshold passage. I bought this larger model to clean some brand new carpeting in an apt., having used the other brands several years, and wanting the most powerful cleaner of this type to deal with carpet instead of the more common hard floors. The closer competition to the Neato and Roomba vacuums is the smaller 7000 series at much lower prices (and a smaller dust bin, but fitting underneath more furniture).

I have not found any brand of vacuum robot properly designed to handle all the furniture and flooring details which can be encountered, and made simple modifications for those situations, documented in several threads on this site. Testing in your situation with a return accepting retailer is required to know whether it will work for you. The smaller 7000's may have less problems in this regard though I have not used it.

Incidentally while I bought the larger unit for the higher power, I do not use the extra high fan power setting, and let the robot automatically engage it momentarily now and then when detecting dirt; the higher power wears out the battery faster, and tests showed little extra cleaning effectiveness.
Lots of special features on robotic vacuums are not especially effective but are cheap to implement and are something to advertise.

Samsung has a wide range of models and features, so some analysis with your priorities may be useful. Models offered also vary by country.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby n0oxy » March 25th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Thanks for the information, it sounds like you are happy with your Samsung bot, they do sound really powerful as far as their cleaning ability, I think I may get it. I have all hard floors, no carpet and no pets to deal with.
n0oxy

Postby eqwalker » June 17th, 2019, 4:11 pm

I have the Powerbot 9350. Have had it for about a year. I had to get it when I moved into a house that has pretty thick carpet. My Neatos just couldn't move very easily with their small 3" wheels they struggled. The Powerbot has no issues getting around in the carpet with it's bigger 4" wheels, and the power, I really like the power that it has. I just wish it would be able to be run at night with no lights but with a camera based navigation you can't do that. Other than that I have had no issues with it and am pleased with it.
EW
eqwalker
Robot Addict

Return to Samsung Robots