System test and integration complete! The Security Dawg lives. Insert madman wha-ha-ha here.
Thanks to Chris for the name and interest in the project. Thanks to suzibot for the donor dirt dog.
I did run into an issue that actually worked to my advantage. When I tested my digital outputs I measured the following when on:
D0 was used to turn on power to the prop board and camera. 2.75V was not high enough. So I swapped D2 and D0. The functions now are:
D0 - camera up
D1 - camera down
D2 - camera on
My algorithm relies on the digital out bit to be toggled to make the camera move. When I assert D0, which is the side brush on signal, the camera moves on its own. Either the side brush signal is PWM (toggling) or the 2.75V level fools the propeller chip into seeing both a high and low. I'm beginning to think maybe the side brush is PWM. 2.75V should be a good high in a 5V system.
The only other negative is I got a little careless carving out openings for the power wire and servo rod. They ended up a little bit bigger than needed.