DIY Virtual Walls??

Inside the Roomba and Scooba and more, Cool mods, Repair and Upgrades - including the all new iRobot Create Kit. Let's void that warranty baby!

Re: DIY Virtual Walls??

Postby glnc222 » August 3rd, 2016, 1:34 am

I had a TV integrated remote receiver IC from Radio Shack which detected a Roomba Virtual Wall and also a keychain TV remote, so how can the frequency be different? I think it is specified for the 38khz standard. In the Neato Optical Boundary thread and related included links. There are a few different standards in use, seemed to match here.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby keys » August 24th, 2016, 6:43 pm

pccox32 wrote:I am a complete newbie to this. I am planning on teaching myself to solder. I am going to go buy everything in order to make this virtual wall.

Can someone please provide me a list of everything I need in order to create this virtual wall

From noob to fellow noob, have you read this entire thread? Some folks don't respond to the "I'm a baby bird please feed me" posts. You will get a lot more respect once they see you have done your homework. Please don't take offense to this, as I am merely trying to help. If you haven't take the time and read this entire post. Happy Hacking.
keys

Postby glnc222 » August 24th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Guide to introductory electronics and microcontroller material was supplied privately not to clutter or duplicate web tutorials. There are both Arduino as well as PIC virtual wall replacements. PIC's require commercial programming hardware and software tools, but allow more compact specialized projects. Arduino's offer simplified programming tools for beginners, free software. Request the PM's privately if wanted.

PIC Microcontroller resources
Various size controllers, smallest only $1. Programming boards to flash under $10.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIC-USB-Automatic-Programming-Develop-Microcontroller-Programmer-K150-NEW-/321683946977?hash=item4ae5db7de1:g:GvoAAOSwEK9T2KJR
Free PC development software e.g.
http://www.opensourcepic.com/IDE.php (Linux)
http://pic-microcontroller.com/download-mplab-ide/ (Windows)

Arduino has various ready made application attachment boards, sensors etc., "shields", while the PIC is more compact for custom made applications, with separate flashing "programmer" boards to install programs in the controller, moved to a DIP socket on the project board.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby microflite » September 8th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Can someone post the schematic image please? The original ones aren't accessible any more.

Thanks!
Ashok
microflite

Postby microflite » September 8th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Oh sorry. I do see the rj555' schematic someone reposted.

This forum is a great resource. Thanks, all!

Ashok
microflite

Previous

Return to Robotic Hacking