Hey, i have been working on it since my last post. I actually signed back on to share the news. I found out that was reading the SCI interface instructions, which were 57600, but the iRobot
500 series use 115200. I tried first with Tod's manual setting of the motion. It now works, when i hard code stuff, which is great! I'm going to try and see if it will do the same using mike's library, which i just changed to the new baud rate and saved it as a different code. I'm really excited!
And thank you for confirming that though. That info seriously would have helped. I feel like a tutorial or known set up for the 500 series robots is going to be necessary as they run different form the Create and the previous models. I'm in the middle of it, so i will post up in about a week
Also, if you are familiar with the arduino/C libraries, I figured i want to add a module for direct drive PWM code, and i want to make sure i don't miss anything. If someone shows me that, i might also get some more motions in the mix.
Thanks again!!! ECSTATIC!!!