5000 mAh Sub C

Inside the Roomba and Scooba and more, Cool mods, Repair and Upgrades - including the all new iRobot Create Kit. Let's void that warranty baby!

5000 mAh Sub C

Postby Dipweed » September 20th, 2015, 10:02 pm

I have rebuilt a few packs and saved some money
But
Just found a new high power Sub C cell that should out perform Li Ion and all the rest.
Now
So far I have only 2 Sub C cells. Why? Well I wanted to get two Sub C cells to check performance and to insure the size is compatible with a Roomba battery rebuild.
The 2 Sub C cells are good to go on size. And I am testing them on the VW and they seem to be working as good or better than any Sub C cells I have ordered in the past.
Cost
$2.84/$3.00 per Sub C cell (with out buddy code discount)
Shipping is cheep. The Sub C is available in US or international warehouses.

Turnigy Sub-C 1.2V 5000mAh High Power Series NiMH Single Cell $2.84/$3.00

Will update post when I have a pac in built and in use.
:cheers:
Attachments
Sub C.jpg
Dipweed

Re: 5000 mAh Sub C

Postby LazyRoomba » August 3rd, 2016, 10:34 am

Any updates?

I'm looking for a 3-4 hour run time.
LazyRoomba
Robot Addict

Postby a1robotrepair » August 3rd, 2016, 12:44 pm

Don't bother, especially with the beast your running. Your going to need a INR Lithium battery pack. Lithium Power Inc is the only shelf brand I would recommend, 4400mAh. You're still only going to get a little over 2 hours on it on your bot, others will get greater than 2.5. Your going to need 8 3Ah 18650 INR batteries and make your own pack for nearly 3 hour run time. See building a Roomba battery for less, more in this case.
Roses are red Violets are blue Poems are hard Flowers and Chocolate
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/
a1robotrepair
Robot Addict

Postby glnc222 » August 3rd, 2016, 5:35 pm

The problem with such cells is the maximum drain rate supported, which they don't tell you. The longevity can be much shorter with low drain types -- which can be cheaper. The capacity is often over-stated on Chinese cells as well. It might work, but needs long term usage testing to know the full characteristics.
The cells in a Hybrid car cost $25 each and run over 100 amps. Lots of ways to make cells, suited for different applications. Exactly what the robot needs is not well documented.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Robotic Hacking