help airflow neato botvac d85

Inside the Roomba and Scooba and more, Cool mods, Repair and Upgrades - including the all new iRobot Create Kit. Let's void that warranty baby!

help airflow neato botvac d85

Postby Lopos » January 4th, 2017, 8:11 am

Hello, i have problem with airflow (i think this is the name) on my neato. I have a husky in my house so you can immagine how much hairs i have. When my neato work a lot of time when turns he blows away the hairs and he don't take it because they fly on a lear zone.
Now i'm looking for a fix.
You have any idea?
I tryed to use the sistem i see on this video but don't work very well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWaazoVG-uY

Thank you and sorry for my bad english!
Lopos

Re: help airflow neato botvac d85

Postby glnc222 » January 11th, 2017, 1:09 am

This post probably belongs in the Neato forum with other mods for Neato.

One old model featured upward directed exhaust from a curved floor behind the grill, apparently abandoned.

I suspect to do this properly, major surgery is needed on the Botvac exhaust panel, supplying upward slanted vents with vanes inside. Things on the back could interfere with charging contact and will get bumped against furniture. I can imagine engineers with 3D printers making a replacement for the vent area, destroying part of the original casing to mount it. It might be possible jury rig something out of thin stiff plastic cut to fit and mounted with wire supports or something inside. Affects on air flow need to be considered.
See the Mods & Repairs list in the Neato forum for links to disassembling the Botvac.

When I looked at this once the existing exhaust did not seem to move anything on the floor, but hair was not tested.
glnc222
Robot Master

Return to Robotic Hacking