Switch to full style
Inside the Roomba and Scooba and more, Cool mods, Repair and Upgrades - including the all new iRobot Create Kit. Let's void that warranty baby!
Post a reply

roomba 4210

September 12th, 2007, 6:14 pm

i got a ro0mba discovery 4210 that has been remanufactured .Decided to play around with it a little ,got a roothooth could make the connection but nothin else .After some research on the serail (prr042990509160100008)I was thankin i need the blue osmo ,whick I got.Durning the flash the light only binked twice than it powered back up, nowere near the 90 second the direction says it takes.So i tried it again scit tester will connect and power on but thats it no sensor or movement ,So I read some more about havin to be in safe, so after puttin it in save mode still nothing, read to plug in charger to see if the connection iis workin and scitester shows the battery data. Should have the flash taked longer???? , Tried just lettin it sit there for hour still the same,maybe it not getting in save mode, any help is greatlly needed ,Thanks

September 12th, 2007, 7:28 pm

Yes, the flash should have taken 90 seconds. The blue OSMO is normally required if you have a barcode above your Serial Number. Or If you have a 15 digit code, with no barcode and the letter "E" 4 digits from the end, you need a blue OSMO.

If you have a 15 digit code with no bars and no letter "E" then you need a black OSMO.

Your date of 05/09/16 YEAR/MONTH/DAY is only a month before the deadline, lucky you.

September 12th, 2007, 7:39 pm

yes i have the bar code above the number in my first post ,little confussed so the flash aint taking, from the blue osmo which i have ???????Any way to make it ?????

September 12th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Just a chance this might make it work. Do a system reset by disconnecting your charger or take the Roomba off of the home base. Remove the battery, press and hold down the pwr button for 20 seconds. Replace the battery, press the pwr button verify the Roomba powered up, plug in the OSMO and see if it cycles into the 90 second flash.

September 12th, 2007, 9:46 pm

still nothing after doing as u said after puttin in the blue osmo the staus light binks twice about a 3 second pause all the button lights light . was playen with a bunch of different programs all do about the same , but this one(RoombaCom_v0p1)says safety fault after it connects .I wander if that just that program erroring or somethin with the bot .,
And could it have been updated from the remanufactin.???
Any way I can check the firmware to see if it 2.1 with just a rootooth??? Tried pullin the battery and putting it back in , like i read in a tread here but the rootooth looses connection when i do ??????
Thanks a bunch vic7767 for your time

September 12th, 2007, 10:32 pm

One more thing to try, use one of the Roomba programs that can connect to your Roomba and also allows you to send commands. Connect to the Roomba, turn on the pwr, send the command 7. See if your Roomba turns off. That will verify that you can send to the Roomba.

September 14th, 2007, 4:34 pm

vic7767 wrote:One more thing to try, use one of the Roomba programs that can connect to your Roomba and also allows you to send commands.
I cannt seem to get any to send command I dont thank,nothing turns it off. Can u recondment the best program for sending commands.it plenty dirt inside too in the process of cleaning it up good after a few days readin around the net ,Im hoping it was put at 2.1 when remaufator and from A lot of use before I got it maybe it dirty and not going in safe mode. what the best way to check and see if a sensor jamed/dirty or somethin. any way to chect the firware version by the botton on the bot seems i read that someware u could.. thanks again very much for your help vic7767

September 14th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Can you establish a connection to your Rootooth and then type +++ and receive an OK from your Rootooth ?

If you do receive the OK response, type in "ATMD" and see if you get an OK.

Have you tried the SCI Tester program ? It is designed to use the Rootooth. You can download it from www.sparkfun.com

September 19th, 2007, 8:41 pm

sorry vic7767
took mw a few days to put it back together after cleaning it ,I had it stripped down . I have notice after the cleaning that when I put in the rootooth it power up were it didnt before but only if i dont push it all the way in . as for the connamd they both give me
Run time error 13
type mismatch
if i type say 139 it does nothing after enter
im typing in +++ without quoete that right ???
Last edited by digitalblizzard on September 19th, 2007, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 19th, 2007, 9:01 pm

It seems that you may not have the latest USB drivers that support the "Serial Port Profile" , SPP. You need the correct drivers from where you purchased your USB Bluetooth.

September 19th, 2007, 9:09 pm

tried a different driver from a tread i seen here ,let me reinstall the driver that came with it and try the commands again

September 20th, 2007, 12:36 am

You also need to run a bluetooth application so that the bluetooth USB comm port can "discover" the Rootooth, then you also need to "pair" the device. The Rootooth password is "default". without the " "

July 3rd, 2008, 11:14 am

just figured i would update this thread , seem all the software was right and the problem was with the vac it self , after getting an other one it function perfect right out of the box , just plug the bluetooth in.. thankin bad sensor or the vac just never took the update right on the first vac ....

The program

July 8th, 2008, 6:51 am

Your first Roomba will probably work.....it probably has some sort of issue. I have two, one works fine, and one has cliff sensor issues. I downloaded the program by Black64 from this forum (here's the link: http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=6941 ). Once you have it connected, use the program to turn the Roomba on and off a couple of times to make sure the connection is good. Then, type in 132 in the box at the bottom and send that command. It will put the Roomba in safe mode. You should be able to turn the motors on and drive it around at this point.

I'm using a faulty Roomba for my project and this software works great for me, in spite of it being a faulty Roomba. You can follow my project here: http://hoverroomba.blogspot.com/ (The next update will actually be tonight).

Layne

July 8th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Just to correct myself, 132 is Full mode. Safe mode obeys error codes, Full mode will let you operate your Roomba in spite of any errors or sensor inputs (which means you can drive it off of a cliff, etc.)

Layne

July 8th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Let us not forget to enable the SCI by sending 128 prior to any other command.

July 9th, 2008, 10:22 pm

I am trying Roomba_Status version 1.4
The data from the roomba sage seems 'out of sync'
The dock command wont work
the on/off command dont work
I can drive it around just great.
The send command works except 128,143 or 143 alone (dock command)
Is my sage a different oi command set or what ??

July 9th, 2008, 11:35 pm

After the 128, it looks like you have to send 130 before any other commands. This is according to the following info from iRobot?
Roomba?
Serial Command Interface
(SCI) Specification 2005

Control Command opcode: 130
Number of data bytes: 0
Enables user control of Roomba. This command must be sent
after the start command [128] and before any control commands are
sent to the SCI. The SCI must be in passive mode to accept this
command. This command puts the SCI in safe mode.
Serial sequence: [130][/b]
Post a reply