i have received this wonderful robot today, and just tried to hack it because of this awful chinese voices. I have done following:
1. Connected it trough USB to my Ubuntu pc
2. Got this Output:
- Code: Select all
[ 792.083671] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=1f3a, idProduct=1001
[ 792.083676] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 792.083678] usb 1-3: Product: Rockrobo ruby
[ 792.083681] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Rockrobo USB Developer
[ 792.083683] usb 1-3: SerialNumber: 865XXXXXXXXXXXXX
3. Wondered about the VID and PID, googled a bit and found out that it might belong to a Android Device. Yes it is actually an Android Device
Used this Tutorial to get access trough ADB:http://support.jide.com/hc/en-us/commun ... /209887617
4. ADB works , but there is still no access to the system. Cant login cause it returns "1060" when i try to "adb shell" inside it.
5. Have found out that there is an Allwinner Chip inside:http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/A31/A3x_relea ... ID_PID.pdf
6. Have tried to boot it into FEL-Mode, but was unlucky.http://linux-sunxi.org/FEL
Tried to access the FEL mode using pressing various combinations of keys(it has only 3: reset, power and "home").
I suppose that Power and Reset are on the same GPIO, cause i cannot boot it in any mode if i hold both.
I think that it should be possible to boot FEL, after you take the battery out.
7. Investigated this Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FlZgIHOodM
The used Processor is an Allwinner R16, which is also featured in the Nintendo Classic System:https://linux-sunxi.org/R16
I think that it should be possible to boot it into "FEL-Mode" somehow, after that you can boot into directly under linux for further investigations:http://linux-sunxi.org/FEL/USBBoot
( Booting the whole system over USB (U-Boot + kernel + initramfs))
After you are have a running Linux, you can just get a NAND Backup and try to put it apart for installing new Sounds etc.