Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby Mijia » July 12th, 2017, 3:19 pm

Inside / outside news from rockrobo,

They show the Robo in taiwan on 27.03.2017 and in May 2017 they sell 15000 Units only there, hey gratulation, now anyone have big eyes :-)

Ps.
And they also enjoy the high international interest and rating.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby indiahill » July 12th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Dear Mijia,
thank you to provide us so much useful information.

are u from Xiaomi (Mijia)?
indiahill

Postby Mijia » July 13th, 2017, 8:58 am

Hello to all,

maybe you in the past heard about the second generation of the robo, now rockrobo has officially opened a voting for some new functions, or any other wish.

Here you can do that (Login is your robo account and better is, you start a automatically google translation in your browser) :

http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13609777

See (with google translator):

voting-1.png

Have fun and be good hope. :-)

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on July 14th, 2017, 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Mijia » July 13th, 2017, 9:23 am

Dear indiahill,

thanks to you with pleasure, no i'm not, excuse me, i'm only a lonesome helping suction driver. ;-)

Regards, Mijia :-)

indiahill wrote:Dear Mijia,
thank you to provide us so much useful information.

are u from Xiaomi (Mijia)?
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Skyeclad » July 13th, 2017, 10:13 am

Ok, I was having a problem with the system throwing out errors and I diagnosed the issue as having a bad right wheel. I ended up ordering a new wheel from AliExpress because I felt that the motor was extremely stiff. After a couple weeks of waiting, I received the wheel this week installed it and it seems to have been the cause of the errors all along. I also own a Roomba 655 and after a year of use I needed to replace a wheel because of a broken spring. I'm a little surprised that the xiaomi needed a new wheel so quickly and I hope this isn't a sign of a poor motor design. If this happens again I'm going to reach out to gearbest for a warranty replacement part instead of picking up the cost on my own. Maybe they'll credit me for the cost at least.
Skyeclad

Postby NeilF » July 13th, 2017, 10:17 am

How easy was the wheel to change out of interest?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Mijia » July 13th, 2017, 10:20 am

@NeilF

I was wrong, double "click", to switch back to normal cleaning card, if zoomed, is also okay, you're right.
Thanks and excuse me.

Ps.
I have updated it.

@All
Interesting, if he can't find his dock and stops in starting place, he' s now sleeping in the cleaning card with flashing "zZ", dreams of what(?) ;-) :-)

Regards, Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on July 14th, 2017, 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Mijia » July 13th, 2017, 10:44 am

Hello Skyeclad,

unfortunately a pity for you !

But here, the robo running near 3000 square meters now, without anything.
So, should we say, its a sign for quality (?) ;-)

It can not reverse your anger, but's easy to change the wheel unit and everything else.

Ps.
So, i will wish you, now and for the future, good luck with him. :-)

Maybe it help for some in future, i have read, if you buy on gearb... (some special sites), they have now open a warranty place in, USA, Europe (Spain) and of course Asia, to send it back, cheaper.

Regards, Mijia

Skyeclad wrote:Ok, I was having a problem with the system throwing out errors and I diagnosed the issue as having a bad right wheel. I ended up ordering a new wheel from AliExpress because I felt that the motor was extremely stiff. After a couple weeks of waiting, I received the wheel this week installed it and it seems to have been the cause of the errors all along. I also own a Roomba 655 and after a year of use I needed to replace a wheel because of a broken spring. I'm a little surprised that the xiaomi needed a new wheel so quickly and I hope this isn't a sign of a poor motor design. If this happens again I'm going to reach out to gearbest for a warranty replacement part instead of picking up the cost on my own. Maybe they'll credit me for the cost at least.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby NeilF » July 14th, 2017, 7:00 am

I've now adopted the habit of putting our breakfast bar stools out into the extension (where the vacuum can't reach) on vacuum days.

They really can confuse the little thing, and if aligned wrong mean it gets beached!

I'm on about ones with bases like this - http://www.furnitureinfashion.net/image ... 7_zoom.jpg
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Mijia » July 14th, 2017, 9:46 am

Hello NeilF,

we do the same here, with this little work for us, he now can clean all of the floor.

Ps.
If you wish, not to do that, make only a small disc of plastic / wood, or other things for a thin distance, on the bottom of the chairs.
With that thin thing, which is not really much to see, he can works with normal sensors or soft bumping.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby NeilF » July 14th, 2017, 9:59 am

Mijia wrote:Hello NeilF,

we do the same here, with this little work for us, he now can clean all of the floor.

Ps.
If you wish, not to do that, make only a small disc of plastic / wood, or other things for a thin distance, on the bottom of the chairs.
With that thin thing, which is not really much to see, he can works with normal sensors or soft bumping.

Regards, Mijia

Luckily our bar stools are right by the door so I only have to open the door and put them the other side (in the extension)...

For things like pet bowls, we simply put them in high walled trays likes this (which come in loads of different dimensions) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medium-White-P ... BNYDZVBHWW
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Mijia » July 14th, 2017, 10:25 am

One hand washes the other, also we with him. ;-)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Skyeclad » July 15th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Changing the wheel was very easy. It took about 10 minutes total and involves unscrewing some obvious and some slightly hidden screws.

Honestly, the unit is so similar to the Roomba that I knew my way around the inside.
Skyeclad

Postby Mijia » July 17th, 2017, 3:08 am

Thanks Skyeclad,

for your explanation and once more, always good luck !

Regards, Mijia

Skyeclad wrote:Changing the wheel was very easy. It took about 10 minutes total and involves unscrewing some obvious and some slightly hidden screws.

Honestly, the unit is so similar to the Roomba that I knew my way around the inside.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby kenny4president » July 17th, 2017, 5:50 am

Hi,
last friday I got the mythical robot. All right until yesterday, now the robot create a slightly oblique map instead of straight one.
I'm afraid about the LDS issue. The oblique map could be a symptom of it?

I'm attaching the straight map made the first few days and the crooked one.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170717-104405.png
Oblique
Screenshot_20170717-104434.png
Straight
kenny4president

Postby Mijia » July 17th, 2017, 6:32 am

Hi kenny4president,

have no fear, that's normaly not a sign for problems with Lds.
Your dockingstation is stay in a corner, plus in this place also are much obstacles, for a good start by scanning. With that situation, it can be become such a card, but not ever and if you would change the dock in a better place it must be accurate.
(according to a statement of rockrobo engineers and so normally not a real problem / i too had it once)

Ever, if he begins to scan our home, the card is crooked and if more he see, it becomes straighter and everything's always okay ! :-)

Ps.
mythical, yes, if you see how he make his ways in your home, as if he had never done anything else in his life. ;-)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Amazingpig » July 17th, 2017, 9:22 am

Just for my update, my robot can use after I change the lds.
Hope it can last
Amazingpig

Postby Mijia » July 17th, 2017, 11:10 am

Hello Amazingpig,

nice to hear and thanks a lot for your update. With such messages, users with a defect, thus have a better feel for it.

Ps.
Why not, and good that no one can knows what come. ;-)

Also good luck to you, for the future !

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby wckhor » July 17th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Hi Mijia, it's really kind of you being so helpful, your response rate is even better than the official Mi forum. :)

I am having the same problem tantart used to have, I sent him a message below, while waiting for his reply, wonder if anything you can help? Thanks! :)

"Hello tantart,

I'm from Malaysia and I'm facing the exact problem that you used to have with Mi Robot Vacuum, firmware update stucked, cleaning map not scanning and showing. It used to work fine when I last used it 2 weeks before.

I'm also using the open dns (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) with the latest 3.3.9_003077. However, even with the open dns, the problem still exists.

Is there any other thing that I missed out?"
wckhor

Postby Mijia » July 18th, 2017, 7:56 am

Hi wckhor,

thanks, but of course I do not know very much.
tantar has in his router set opendns, for dns and so solved the problem. Anyway, your robo / mihome have also no contact to the server from xiaomi in china, i think.
That can have many diffrent reasons e.g.:

First i would restart your router and see.
Next possibility, is set another server for opendns, for looking (there are some worldwide).
Also it can be that the server from opendns has a problem and it will be solved in a while.

If all other things, where conected over your router with internet, works normally, i think the needed serversite is stopped in opendns / phis - tank and must cleared there.

A chance would be also, to change in mihome /Settings, the homeland to USA, because they should have now a own server (for a different serveradress, not for in your router, that's maybe will working).

A little chance sometimes, is a slow network connection, to the needed server, or they self in china. (for cleaningcard / updates)
(since ever or the last update, you must see in the mihome - plugin, notifications for that and other errors, maybe first, if the notifications are enabled, in the app)

Ps.
If your firmware is 3077, it give no newer one. Also, if you will update over your mobileprovider, it should not work, only over wifi with normal router. Important, you have nothing really changed in your router. (e.g. parent - controll, blacklist, firewall, or something similar in the router / that can stop communcation).
I say this only once more, for no missunderstandings.

Thats only for a hopefully quick help, without to have much Experience in such things.
Good luck :-)

Maybe, a little help :
Of course, until the problem is solved, he can temporarily doing his work almost the same. If you manually starting.

Your feedback is always welcome, especially when the problem is solved. Thanks in advanced.

Regards, Mijia

wckhor wrote:Hi Mijia, it's really kind of you being so helpful, your response rate is even better than the official Mi forum. :)

I am having the same problem tantart used to have, I sent him a message below, while waiting for his reply, wonder if anything you can help? Thanks! :)

"Hello tantart,

I'm from Malaysia and I'm facing the exact problem that you used to have with Mi Robot Vacuum, firmware update stucked, cleaning map not scanning and showing. It used to work fine when I last used it 2 weeks before.

I'm also using the open dns (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) with the latest 3.3.9_003077. However, even with the open dns, the problem still exists.

Is there any other thing that I missed out?"
Last edited by Mijia on July 18th, 2017, 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots