New LG Hom-Bot 3.0 VR1229RB just show up.
Major differencies between 2.0
* improved mapping camera (now will better work in dark places),
* square shape and longer side brushes (Corner Master; +1.5cm) have to enable better corner cleaning,
* bigger dustbin capacity (~0.6L),
* turbo mode (30% more suction), smart turbo mode (auto carpet sensing), max mode (2x running over the same space), my space (you can choose the space to be cleaned - using IR remote control to drive it around the area to be cleaned) and voice guide mode (language depends on the country of destination),
* "better" overall cleaning performance in compare to VR1129RB (Hom-Bot 2.0, rounded one),
* greater surface of HEPA H11,
* greater surface of dry-dust mop pad,
* more robust power brush (designed especially for carpets) and side brushes (~1.5cm longer) for better cleaning on carpets and in corners,
* ability to climb up to 1.5cm (carpets/thresholds),
There will be three models in total (Europe).
Price: €300-700 (depends on available features)
Moreover, LG plans to release new, "budget-friendly" robot (rounded; similar in shape to 2.0 series) designed for cleaning hard floors.
Source: http://robotbg.com/news/2012/05/29/lg_h ... 0_vr1229rb http://www.lesnumeriques.com/aspirateur ... /test.html
past: Samsung SR8855 (bad sw) Samsung SR8895 (bad rotor) Neato XV-11/XV-15 Roomba 780 (bad battery) Scooba 385 Roomba 530 2x Scooba 230 (broken bladder), Samsung SR8980, Samsung VR10F71
current: Roomba 620 (bad CHM; repaired u/warranty)