CleanMate QQ-3 or Asus E-Clean?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

CleanMate QQ-3 or Asus E-Clean?

Postby exProphecy » September 20th, 2012, 12:39 am

Hey mates! New here and wanted to ask a question right off the bat :)
I've been looking around for my first robot vacuum cleaner and I've got it down to two possibilities:
The CleanMate QQ-3 or the Asus E-Clean. I know there are two versions for the Asus E-Clean right now but the $100 leap is a bit steep. If there are vast improvements from EC01 to EC02 then I will consider the EC02, however as of now, I'm comparing with the EC01.
First off, I wished to know which one came out first: the QQ-3 or the EC01/EC02?
Also, I read that the EC02 supposedly has a stronger vacuum compared to most other vacuums out there (5-8 times stronger is advertised). Is this true? And if it is true, is it true for the EC01 as well?
The website I've decided to purchase from is RobotShop.com and this is where I am looking at as far as my selection. They seem to have decent prices and a lifetime warranty.
CleanMate QQ-3: http://www.robotshop.com/infinuvo-cleanmate-qq3-led-robot-vacuum.html
Asus E-Clean EC01: http://www.robotshop.com/asus-e-clean-ec01-robot-vacuum-red.html
Asus E-Clean EC02: http://www.robotshop.com/asus-agait-e-clean-ec02-robot-vacuum.html

Any information/help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much :D

EDIT: Also, if you guise have any other suggestions for robot cleaners which perform comparable/better than these for around $150-200, please let me know hehe
exProphecy

Re: CleanMate QQ-3 or Asus E-Clean?

Postby Ememe » December 28th, 2012, 12:19 pm

I used the QQ3 during 3 days, from Dec 23 to Dec 25. I have returned it to the place I bought it for a full refund. This is what I wrote when requesting the return label:

The product does not perform as advertised. It does not clean properly, the route it follows is not intelligent, the scheduler does not work, the clock in the charging base resets to zero each time the battery is fully charged, and the unit works for about 45 minutes instead of the 90 minutes that were advertised.

We started using the device on December 23 and today is the third time we use it. I tried changing the working mode but it still behaves stupidly.
Ememe

Postby FreddyTex » December 28th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Both are worthless.
FreddyTex
Robot Groupie

Postby exProphecy » January 29th, 2013, 4:24 am

Oh boy I wish I had seen this earlier.. I just bought the QQ-3LT about a week or two ago.. However, I haven't had any problems as you've described. The clock stays the same and it finds it's charging base correctly. There were only 2 instances where I came home and found it stuck on a loose wire for a fan or Dreamcast controller :lol: It also has issues with going from my hardwood floor to my carpet. The dust bin underneath comes down a little bit and is pushed downward by two springs. If the QQ-3LT tries to go up from the hardwood floor sideways, the dust bin can get stuck on the raised edge of the hardwood floor. It has happened twice already. My brother and I are devising a way to make the dust bin edge rounded so this doesn't happen anymore. Was yours a regular QQ-3 with no LCD display? The QQ-3LT has an LCD with a timer on itself. It seems to record the correct time it has been running which is 90 minutes. I'll time it with a stopwatch just to make sure.

FreddyTex have you had personal experience with the QQ-3?
exProphecy

Postby FreddyTex » January 29th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Yes, I had an QQ2 and an Asus and both went to the dust bin.
I do know have a Neato and nothing can beat him especially with the new software.

I also had a Samsung, LG, .... in the past.
FreddyTex
Robot Groupie

Return to All Other Robots