LG Home-Bot

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

LG Home-Bot

Postby Boomerang » October 24th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Received the following info in my email today:
http://www.lg.com/us/vacuum-cleaners/lg ... bot-vacuum

$600.00

Wonder how to confine it to one room? Doesn't seem to have a Virtual Wall. :shock:
"The Boomerang" - iRobot Roomba 580 - Neato XV-21
Boomerang
Robot Addict

Re: LG Home-Bot

Postby piokrza » October 25th, 2012, 5:16 pm

It does not consist any virtual wall or magnetic strip. Only thing you can do is to close the doors.
past: Samsung SR8855 (bad sw) Samsung SR8895 (bad rotor) Neato XV-11/XV-15 Roomba 780 (bad battery) Scooba 385 Roomba 530 2x Scooba 230 (broken bladder), Samsung SR8980, Samsung VR10F71 Hobot-168
current: Roomba 620 (bad CHM; repaired u/warranty) Scooba 330 Scooba 230
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby bilmar » November 11th, 2012, 11:21 am

I held off buying a replacement for my old Roomba 400 all year hoping that LG would offer real scheduling on their next model so this is a real disappointment.
They are still playing word games with what is really just a timer! They may call it scheduling but you will have to bend over and press the start button every day you want the device to run.
Imagine if you had to set your alarm clock every night - would you call that scheduled wake function - I think not.
What is the point of an automated cleaning device that does not run automatically? .. GRRRRR
bilmar

Postby dinkydong » November 11th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Did u look at their latest 2012 model, the square looking unit?? It comes with a proper scheduling function FYI.

bilmar wrote:I held off buying a replacement for my old Roomba 400 all year hoping that LG would offer real scheduling on their next model so this is a real disappointment.
They are still playing word games with what is really just a timer! They may call it scheduling but you will have to bend over and press the start button every day you want the device to run.
Imagine if you had to set your alarm clock every night - would you call that scheduled wake function - I think not.
What is the point of an automated cleaning device that does not run automatically? .. GRRRRR
dinkydong
Robot Addict

Postby bilmar » November 15th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Unfortunately the square model is not available in the US
Bill
bilmar

Postby jin7 » December 22nd, 2012, 6:25 am

This new roboking will be released soon - within a months time

i already posted this on whirlpool:

Good news also guys, I was just checking out the robot at harvey norman and a staff member told me that the newer square model will soon be available. He did not have an exact date but he said and i quote "after christmas". I assume that the release date will coincide with the christmas model.

The model I saw in the computer is VR6270LVMB.

quick google for this model shows
"Not in stock, available from 23.01.2013" .. its a USA store though. This model is also showing up in europe.

http://www.conrad.com/LG-Electronics-VR ... &pi=192477

I assume from USA store itll be an english version and hence for sale here in australia also. Which is also surprising too as I havent seen any stores in USA stock Roboking for a long time, including on amazon.
Owner of:
LG Roboking VR5902LVM
VR6170LVM
VR6270LVM Square
IRobot Scooba 385
Neato XV-SP
jin7
Robot Groupie

Postby jin7 » December 24th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Owner of:
LG Roboking VR5902LVM
VR6170LVM
VR6270LVM Square
IRobot Scooba 385
Neato XV-SP
jin7
Robot Groupie

Postby jin7 » December 25th, 2012, 3:35 am

just realised i posted in the wrong lg hombot thread. lol. ah well.
Owner of:
LG Roboking VR5902LVM
VR6170LVM
VR6270LVM Square
IRobot Scooba 385
Neato XV-SP
jin7
Robot Groupie

Postby Dave_AU » August 17th, 2013, 8:22 am

I've just bought our first robot - an LG VR6270LVMB - and am really pleased with it.

We have a large, open plan house with a lot of obstacles (and two cats), and mostly timber floors. It was the large open spaces that lead me to choose the LG over the iRobot - random sweeping wouldn't have worked well in the environment. When it does get on to our few carpeted areas, the robot switches to turbo mode and does a pretty respectable job, I'm constantly surprised by the amount of dust it collects, despite running on a daily schedule.

The other factor is the noise, or lack of it. We have a 6 week old, and the LG is quiet enough that it can vacuum his room while he's asleep, and he doesn't wake. It's also more cat-friendly because of the lower volume.

The only issue I've had with it is that it doesn't leave much in the tank to get back to the dock, and as such it hasn't made it back to recharge and continue as of yet. I've changed from zig-zag mode to cell-by-cell for the next clean, and hopefully this will result in a more efficient result.
Dave_AU

Return to All Other Robots