Any experience with Ariete Bricola 2711 robot vacuum?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Any experience with Ariete Bricola 2711 robot vacuum?

Postby Brett » June 14th, 2015, 11:38 pm

My comments apply to the X500 of which I've had a few through - without exception all had wheel issues. As you can see it has the two side brushes only - all that happens underneath is a squeegee vane (that wears away) helps to pick up the dirt gathered by the side brushes in the vac intake. It's movement algorithms are extremely basic so will not achieve good coverage in the house and will have zero ability to work it's way out of a tight spot (eg between the chair legs under the dining room table). So it does not work well or last.

On a plus side, if there are any X500 / Brick-thing owners that have worn side brushes (also a common problem) you can fit two Roomba side brushes - just use the screws with little washers (if you have access to them Roomba motherboard screws work perfectly).

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby grin » May 18th, 2016, 10:39 am

I've had the Briciola 2711 for a little over a year now. The decisive factor for buying it was the very low price (at the time I was able to find an excellent deal for something like 130€).

It surely has its quirks, loves to get tangled up and stuck under stuff, but after a while I figured out her weak spots. Other than that, it does the job it has to do. That is - collect the daily dog and cat hair plus dust and dirt that my 4 pets shed.

It's nothing much fancy, no virtual walls or similar but I like the fact that I can guide it with the remote over spots that need extra cleaning. I don't mind that there's no rotating brush because with the amount of hair lying around it would surely get stuck. It also has an additional HEPA filter. My rooms have pretty uneven floors, so she can't do all the flat in one go, as the tiny step between living room and hallway is too high for her. I don't mind that either, I let her go in living room/kitchen when I leave in the morning and when I come back I find her recharged already, so I just empty the bin and carry her to bedroom/hallway.

However! and it's a big however :( lately she's been acting crazy; she zooms around with high speed, slamming full force into obstacles and then goes full speed backwards; it's like her obstacle sensors are not working properly, I don't know. And sometimes she keeps turning on the spot, also high speed, for no apparent reason. Then it stops moving and starts beeping, red light flashing. The warranty still lasts so I'll have to contact the vendor. I'll let you know how it goes...

From what I've heard from friends about Roomba it is superior to the low priced knock-offs. It's far too pricey for my taste though, when really, all I need is something that removes pet hair instead of me.
(when I'll be old and rich... :violin:)

ps. the name - Briciola - means "breadcrumb" in Italian. ;)
grin

Postby grin » May 18th, 2016, 10:45 am

Brett wrote:On a plus side, if there are any X500 / Brick-thing owners that have worn side brushes (also a common problem) you can fit two Roomba side brushes - just use the screws with little washers (if you have access to them Roomba motherboard screws work perfectly).
(-8

You get two replacement side brushes and one replacement hepa filter in the package, at least I did ;) but so far, the brushes don't need to be replaced. The vane did get worn-out a little, that's true.
grin

Postby maraxion » June 14th, 2017, 8:58 am

So Im waking up this thread to give some feedback after long term use.

My Ariete 2711(x500) has been working every day for about 3 years. Iv had no problems with it, but the brushes has neede replaceing a couple of times.
I actualy bought 2 2711`s because I expected the first one to die, and got the other on a 60$ bargain, but the first one is still doing its job perfectly.
For anyone wanting the normal chores done Ariete seems to be a great brand compared to price and it works good both with dust, sand and hair from pets.
Since I dont have carpets thats not an issue, but its not as good as many others there.

Brett wrote:
On a plus side, if there are any X500 / Brick-thing owners that have worn side brushes (also a common problem) you can fit two Roomba side brushes - just use the screws with little washers (if you have access to them Roomba motherboard screws work perfectly).
(-8

I see you commented on the brushes. I dident know that actualy and its a great tips. The original brushes are not cheap(20$ with shipping from italy a piece), but roomba brushes can be had from ebay for 1$ and upwards. But have abyone tried the 6 arm brushes on an ariete, or only the 3 arm brushes? Also are there spesific models of the roomba brushes that fits?

After trying several low end machines and also the neato I can say that ariete seems like a great machine where you get maybe 70%-80% of the high end machines efficiency at 10-20% of the price.
Quality wise its a good build, by a company that have been making wacums way longer than roomba and most other robot brands.
Great item for value, but not top notch!
maraxion

Previous

Return to All Other Robots