Any experience with Ariete Bricola 2711 robot vacuum?

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Any experience with Ariete Bricola 2711 robot vacuum?

Postby maraxion » September 12th, 2013, 10:34 am

So iv seen a new vacuum around. Its called Ariete Bricola 2711.
It seemed cheap and had a decent battery and settings, but wanted to check if anyone had tested it.

http://www.ariete.net/en/catalog/Aspira ... t-Briciola

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvVcFo77joo
maraxion

Re: Any experience with Ariete Bricola 2711 robot vacuum?

Postby eqwalker » September 13th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Sure looks like a Roomba clone to me.
eqwalker
Robot Addict

Postby vic7767 » September 13th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Similar to Roomba but a smaller capacity battery and a totally different dustbin and HEPA filter design. Both URLs show the same video. Nice touch with the dual side brushes. Wonder why there is no video if the underside of this robot ?
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby maraxion » September 14th, 2013, 7:03 am

But doessent the roomba learn the room anb take it in a pattern? I owned an neato before and it was extremely logical.
This one seems whery random in movements.
maraxion

Postby vic7767 » September 14th, 2013, 10:08 am

No, the Roomba does not learn a room. It is a random cleaner as well.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby mfortuna » September 14th, 2013, 6:03 pm

eqwalker wrote:Sure looks like a Roomba clone to me.

I heard on the radio Irobot is going after clones / patent violaters aggressively. They were able to seize the entire contents of a clone vendor's trade show booth recently.

This is a little off topic but Chinese clones seems to be a big issue right now. Not just for robots but lots of other items too.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby vic7767 » September 14th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Not surprising since most products are manufactured and assembled in China after being designed and engineered in other countries. A rip off just waiting to happen.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby maraxion » October 1st, 2013, 10:05 am

vic7767 wrote:No, the Roomba does not learn a room. It is a random cleaner as well.

And still roomba is best even while it is that random? And wil it always get 100% of the room then?

Just worried since I have about 80m2/850ft2. The Neato worked good, but since it dident work along edges of the room and corners I swapped it.
maraxion

Postby vic7767 » October 1st, 2013, 10:13 am

maraxion wrote: will it always get 100% of the room then?
Over repeated cleaning sessions full coverage will be accomplished.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby maraxion » October 1st, 2013, 10:21 am

Ok.
But has the roomba a full cleen setting? This seems to have clean, and then walls. I bit strange it dident do both.

How does it know its finished then it it only takes a random aproach?
maraxion

Postby vic7767 » October 1st, 2013, 10:55 am

It determines room size by using the sensor data along with the AWARE program and then calculates run times.

vic7767
Robot Master

Postby maraxion » October 9th, 2013, 5:15 am

I bought it. And since nobody has tried it, I atleast can tell you how it works.
First of all its made by a wel knows italian company with a good reputation.

The advertisement says 1.5/3.5 hours in use and charging. Thats spot on.
The noise is livable, atleast way lower then the neato I had before.
Random movement as the roomba, and basicly looks and works as a roomba clone.

It works good along walls, and seems to pick up most of the dirt all around. I have a pet and the few days its been running, it fills the tray with a lot of hair every time. No spinners or brushes by the suction intake that the hair get stuck to either. But the main side brushes offcource needs to be taken of to remove entangeled hair(Long woman hair, its always them you know...)

Not as good as the neato on shaggy/thick carpet doh, but that is to be expected with lower suction power.
Brushes work great doh. The dual brushes gives it a great reach and also cowers the walls.

Price is a big issue here aswel.
I live in norway and this thing cost aprox 150Euro/200USD.
Comparedto the prices of the:
Neato XV-25 cost 500Euro/665USD
Roomba 780: 511Euro/681USD
So cost wise its an extremely low cost, and you do get a lot for your money!

It finds its docking every time, no problems.
It has gotten stuck a few times, but thats due to cables laying around and a special table I have that sometimes makes trouble. But most of the time it does its work and go back home.

It has a scedualer for daily use. So not possible to adjust if for once or 2-3 days a week unless you do it manualy the evening before. But personaly I like it going every day and it picks up a lot every day anyhow.

No Firmware update im afraid, I would have loved that but not needed really.

Basicly its a good machine at an extremely low cost(for my country), and I can recomend it to everyone who needs a basic cleaner. As for now, no one of the robots iv tested can totaly replace a vacum, but it ca do 70-80% of the work.
maraxion

Postby robocleaner » October 9th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Interesting. Ariete (who I've never heard of) is a division of De'Longhi (who is very well known throughout Europe for household appliances). This Briciola robotic vacuum is being sold on Ideal World (TV shopping channel) here in the UK, as well as through Amazon UK, but it's about 200 euros here.

Still, it looks pretty good for the money, and it comes with a no-quibble "we'll replace it with a brand new one if it breaks within 2 years" warranty!
2 x Karcher RC3000 (2005 & 2012), Trilobite ZA1 (2005), Navibot 8855 (2010)
robocleaner
Robot Addict

Postby maraxion » October 17th, 2013, 4:32 am

robocleaner wrote:Interesting. Ariete (who I've never heard of) is a division of De'Longhi (who is very well known throughout Europe for household appliances). This Briciola robotic vacuum is being sold on Ideal World (TV shopping channel) here in the UK, as well as through Amazon UK, but it's about 200 euros here.

Still, it looks pretty good for the money, and it comes with a no-quibble "we'll replace it with a brand new one if it breaks within 2 years" warranty!

I see, that seems nice with that kind of warranty!
The price also seems fair, doh I dont know what the general prices for other robots are in the UK.
As for Norway it seems the shop that sold them either got an extremely good deal or miss priced the robot. The normal price I can find now is almost 350Euros. So I realy did get a bargain. So the 200Eurp price on amazon does sem fair.
maraxion

Postby mydavidoff » June 9th, 2015, 6:26 am

We bought Ariete 2712 after MUCH research into American, Chinese, and European robot markets (although ALL seem to be produced in China these days), because Ariete 2712 (a DeLonghi sub, thus Italian style and quality!) is much more reliable than Roomba (reflected in the guarantee: Ariete 2 years, iRobot 6 months) and because Ariete costs less than a third of an equivalent Roomba (we would have bought 870 otherwise). Why waste money on sth that per user reviews typically breaks within a mere months? For the name "iRobot"? Then you better buy the movie, it's more worthwile.

So, how is Ariete 2712?
Nothing short of FANTASTIC! Whisper-quiet, very diligent cleaning, moves through the whole house, and - in our case - even found back to her charge station (without lighthouses!) although she was in a different room when she stopped vacuuming after 2 hours(!). After a total 150 min she had found back home! 200 Euros only. Incredible value!

Only thing worse than Roomba 800+ is: Cables must be removed, she get's tangled up easily otherwise. But hey, cables are the dirt collectors, so they should be removed anyway (stick them to furniture...). And for this paying 500 Dollar extra, and getting sth that is KNOWN to break within months? No way!

In my opinion, iRobot is great in marketing (look at their slogan alone), but VERY weak in everything else, from development to customer service, and everything in between.
mydavidoff

Postby Baboon » June 11th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Yeah, I looked at the Bricola (kind of unfortunate name :) ) but it seems a little primitive: just obstacle and drop sensors, no mapping capabilities at all that I could find listed. Not really in the same class or price-range, of course :), as the Roomba.

I do know a few people with Roombas and everyone seems happy with them, no failures that I have heard of.

I didn't buy the Roomba because I wanted a combination vacuum/mop device, but as far as reliability, I think it's unfair to slam the Roomba :) Amazon did not offer the three year warranty on the Bricola, so I assumed that other sellers are throwing in extended warranties included in the price, but I might be wrong.

Also, warranties are worth it only when a manufacturer stands behind them, or depending on how much effort you want to expend to enforce them, if they don't: as an example, I have a three year old KWC faucet which claimed "lifetime warranty" and which started leaking and getting stuck. KWC responded that they have just discontinued this model, so I have to purchase the failed parts (which are expensive). So I either have to spend time going back and forth with them, buy the parts, or replace the faucet (not with another KWC, of course).

Roomba's customer support reviews are pretty good.

But different people, different needs, so whatever works for a particular environment.
Baboon

Postby robocleaner » June 11th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Baboon wrote:Amazon did not offer the three year warranty on the Bricola, so I assumed that other sellers are throwing in extended warranties included in the price, but I might be wrong.

Amazon's policy - here in the UK at least - is to honor warranty ONLY for 1 year, whatever the manufacturer may say. I have literally today just returned a broken 14 month old product to Amazon; the manufacturer claims a 5-year warranty, but that must be processed through the retailer. Despite a lengthy discussion and escalating that through their supervisor, Amazon just won't honor any warranty beyond 12 months. Amazon are only making an exception and offering me a full refund because I happen to be a Top 300 Amazon reviewer, and hold the leading review on this particular product (a product they sell several thousand units of a year).

Anyway, here in the UK, this Ariete Bricola now has a 3-year manufacturers warranty; Ariete has been in business since 1965, and as part of the reputable European (Italian) DeLonghi Group, I think it'd be possible to get a warranty honored even if it meant bypassing the retailer. Considering this cleaner is priced on a level with no-brand Chinese robotic vacuums, and is far cheaper than any equivalent Neato or Roomba, it still seems a pretty fair deal to me. There're even comments on Amazon about users easily sourcing spare batteries and filters too, so it seems the model is being supported.
robocleaner
Robot Addict

Postby Brett » June 11th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Please post a pic of the underside of this robot. From what I can tell it is a variation of the common X500 They are very basic and the X500s almost without exception have main wheel unit failures. Maybe this has been improved.

Sadly I tell people that have these that no matter what they paid, it's not worth it.

\-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby robocleaner » June 12th, 2015, 2:56 am

There's an official English sub-titled Ariete product video of it here: https://youtu.be/dlLiSpn_DPA

Brief shot of the underside at 1.54.

I'm not sure why you're so down on it Brett. For those looking for a low-priced/economy robot cleaner, at least the reputable brand ensures you should get 3 years free supported/warrantied use from it. That's more than many European Neato or Roomba owners can say!

If this Ariete is being sourced through the Chinese Lilin Group as the X500 seems to be, spares shouldn't be a problem beyond the 3 years for DIYers, although whether paid-for service would justify fixing it may be a different issue.
robocleaner
Robot Addict

Postby Baboon » June 12th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Anyway, here in the UK, this Ariete Bricola now has a 3-year manufacturers warranty; Ariete has been in business since 1965, and as part of the reputable European (Italian) DeLonghi Group, I think it'd be possible to get a warranty honored even if it meant bypassing the retailer. Considering this cleaner is priced on a level with no-brand Chinese robotic vacuums, and is far cheaper than any equivalent Neato or Roomba, it still seems a pretty fair deal to me.

Oh, I misunderstood. You are speaking about returning to Amazon vs. manufacturer warranty.

In any event, I am not necessarily knocking the Bricola, which is indeed cheap, but rather addressing the suggestion that the Roombas "break within mere months," which is clearly not true. And claiming "Italian reliability" seems a misnomer to me, as the former owner of an Italian car :)

Also, the Bricola does have very basic array of sensors, so it really cannot be compared to the Roombas, unless price is paramount. This was the reason I dismissed it almost immediately during my search

BTW, I also went relatively cheap and for an unknown (to me, at least) brand, the Moneual RYDIS H68 Pro. I chose it over the Roomba (and the Miele/iCliebo) because it vacuums and mops (well, it drags a continuously wetted microfiber pad) at the same time, which actually works great for my purposes. But the Rydis H68 does real-time mapping and has a considerably more complete and sophisticated array of sensors than the Bricola, for not that much more. I also purchased an extended three year warranty for less than $40, since I am not sure about Moneual's reliability :cheers:
Baboon

Next

Return to All Other Robots