Hoover Robocom2 no remote operation.

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Hoover Robocom2 no remote operation.

Postby sandozero » November 27th, 2013, 9:33 am

Hi forum :) , I own two robot cleaners a Roomba 555 and a newer Hoover Robocom2. The Roomba is over 4 years old and still a star performer.

The Robocom however has developed a fault in that it no longer responds to commands from the remote control. The light on the control flickers indicating it is taking commands from keyboard but no robot response. I think my 3 year old grandson is at fault as he loved to press all the buttons on the Robocom and look for responses! I think inadvertently maybe entering a "Test" mode and disabling remote reception. The Robocom2 I gather is also sold without a remote control. I feel sure there must be a set of key commands similar maybe to Roomba`s test facility, or a machine reset command hidden somewhere?

Has anyone any information on the remote control operation? I understand from the manual it is RF not IR, so I could check for transmission if I knew the rough frequency of transmit. Being a newish machine the Robocom has little info relating to it on the web. Reluctant to return through warranty as machine does operate and can find charging base no problem though that does use IR.

Thanks for reading,

Ian
sandozero

Re: Hoover Robocom2 no remote operation.

Postby sandozero » December 11th, 2013, 12:28 pm

So many answers, guess I have a very rare `Bot!!

Anyway, got the Robocom2 repaired under warranty. The repair guy replaced the main motherboard and even gave me a replacement remote control. The old one is still fine. Also left the old board with me, interesting.
sandozero

Re: Hoover Robocom2 no remote operation.

Postby Kisscrue » January 4th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Has anyone got a spare remote for the Robocom2 or know where I can get one?
Thanks
Kisscrue

Return to All Other Robots