DOUBLE TELEPRESENCE ROBOT BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROBLEM

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

DOUBLE TELEPRESENCE ROBOT BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROBLEM

Postby JPORTOLES » October 20th, 2015, 1:23 pm

Hi Everybody
It will be great if someone could help me with my Double Robot (http://www.doublerobotics.com/). We have a problem with LiPO Battery (I'm sure that it is not working and I need to replace it) but I have no idea bout how to dissasemble the body in order to rreach the battery inside.
It has been impossible for me t find any information (tutoriasl, videos, etc..) about it and my only option is to send the robot to Customer Center but I live in Spain and all the process could be very expensive and rally slow.
Could anybody help me to solve this. Instructions, tutorials, etc.. I have a lot of experience in electrical RC models and I could replace te battery for sure with a Rc Lipo Battery.
Waiting for your help.
Thanls a lot in advance
Javier
JPORTOLES

Re: DOUBLE TELEPRESENCE ROBOT BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROBLEM

Postby melissa928 » December 6th, 2016, 10:58 am

Did you receive any feedback on this. I am about to attempt this same thing. I live in the states and it is still $250 plus the shipping in order to have it repaired. Its just a battery as the unit holds zero charge and both the power supply and the docking station show connected to the unit.
melissa928

Re: DOUBLE TELEPRESENCE ROBOT BATTERY REPLACEMENT PROBLEM

Postby scottholdren » December 28th, 2016, 4:10 pm

I just cracked mine open. I ordered a replacement battery from the battery manufacturer. This is the model

http://www.inspired-energy.com/ph3059.html

It will be about $200 with shipping, and they are built to order. Considering I broke one of the hubcaps, I'm not sure it's worth repairing yourself, unless maybe you wanted to take apart the battery pack and replaced the cells.

If you do want to get to the battery, remove the hub cap on the left side, same side as the power button. I used a suction cup. It's attached with foam double stick tape. Best to grab the edge with the suction cup and then slowly peel it off.

There are 4 screws holding on the wheel. Remove the wheel and there are 2 silver torx along the bottom and 3 black hex screws near the top. Don't remove the gears or belts. Pull the assembly straight out - it attaches to the innards with a row of pins. 3 small torx hold the battery onto the assembly, and then the battery pulls out of its socket.

At least that's what I found.
scottholdren

Return to All Other Robots