Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby indiahill » March 15th, 2017, 6:30 am

meu wrote:I've seen recently that MiHome app has a locale option: "United States (recommended)". When trying to use that option I've to do login again in app profile and the vacuum device disappears. I've been trying to add it again, but i was unable to succeed. I'm only able to pair the xiaomi vacuum with the "Mainland China" locale.
Has anyone been able to use US locale. Does this improve the english translation?

As far as I know, currently only "Mainland China" locale supported for xiaomi vacuum.
indiahill

Postby Panache » March 15th, 2017, 9:59 pm

I am interested in these....lots of good videos and such all over, especially european sites.

Do they have the same weird design feature like Neatos where the back flips up when backing up against a wall? I have several scuff marks all around my house because Neato always decides it doesn't like a corner/objects placed too close together and needs to violently back out.
Panache

Postby sieucan » March 15th, 2017, 11:20 pm

haunan wrote:Could anyone tell me what should i do when the Robot finished cleaning job and going to charging dock?
How to turn the Robot off? I try to long press power button but didn't work..

Move it from charging dock. Hold power button to shutdown it.
sieucan

Postby krimore » March 16th, 2017, 12:05 am

For those interested, the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum is on sale for another 2 days over at Banggood. It's going for $362USD. You can get it at the link below:

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi ... -flashDeal
krimore

Postby grin » March 16th, 2017, 4:53 am

grin

Postby grin » March 16th, 2017, 4:59 am

It's cheap at Fasttech too, and they offer free shipping https://www.fasttech.com/product/573880 ... um-cleaner

(have no personal experience with them though)

I'll probably go with a seller on AliExpress who offers 3 years warranty and assures me he can send it in such a way I won't have to pay any import taxes and customs...
grin

Postby grin » March 17th, 2017, 5:49 am

Zapals has it for 280$.
grin

Postby jesi » March 17th, 2017, 11:39 am

ReX83 wrote:By the way, are you guys experiencing random disconnect / logout from the Android Xiaomi Mi Home app?
In my case at least once a week (sometimes once a day) I need to login again with email and password.

I have this issue.
Xiaomi knows this and they promised to fix it.
jesi

Postby Sapoide » March 18th, 2017, 11:49 am

New plugin is available 5798.apk but still only chinese. Does any one have the plugin in english?
Sapoide

Postby Phuturist » March 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Sapoide wrote:New plugin is available 5798.apk but still only chinese. Does any one have the plugin in english?

Translated version is available now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L194Hezyoo4

Next question would be, what has been changed ...
Phuturist

Postby eLrobot » March 18th, 2017, 3:52 pm

New voices added on the last update of the app...
eLrobot

Postby Phuturist » March 19th, 2017, 2:45 pm

eLrobot wrote:New voices added on the last update of the app...

This should make it easy to add English (or even other local) voice to the Robot. Hopefully Xiaomi will add this in the future.
Phuturist

Postby jesi » March 19th, 2017, 3:24 pm

I asked from rockrobo at this week, they said that atm no english version yet.
No eta or anything info.
jesi

Postby shein » March 20th, 2017, 7:18 am

Hi guys,

Is there any update on getting into FEL-Mode?
I'm considering buying the thing but really like to have a full control over it.

Thanks Elias and other guys for the work in that direction ;)
shein

Postby Elias » March 20th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Hello shein,

I havent done any efforts about disassemblying it again. Flole has suggested a way of resetting the robot into the FEL-Mode. Unfortunately there is no progress on this for now. I hope there will be soon some solution for this.

Greetings
Elias
Elias

Postby fuchstiger » March 21st, 2017, 8:22 am

Hello everybody,
since a few days I have a defect with my Mi robot. The message in the Mi-App refers to the LiDAR LDS unit. This seems broken, in the app it is highlighted in red. The vacuum cleaner runs only a few meters after i started it and then the led is red blinking.
Is this a known problem with the robot? Because the is no dust / dirt or something like that around the lens and the laser. I switched it off several times and put it back into the factory state. Nothing helped.

Has anyone the same problems?
fuchstiger

Postby Flole » March 21st, 2017, 11:38 am

Elias wrote:Hello shein,

I havent done any efforts about disassemblying it again. Flole has suggested a way of resetting the robot into the FEL-Mode. Unfortunately there is no progress on this for now. I hope there will be soon some solution for this.

Greetings
Elias

Unfortunately my approach did not work. We would have to short the data lines that go directly to the flash. Or someone has to guess which test point is connected to which pin of the processor and make a list.
Flole

Postby Skyeclad » March 21st, 2017, 12:31 pm

Hi all, I've been considering buying this vacuum as an upgrade to my Roomba 655. The one concern that I have is the availability of replacement parts. In the 2 years of ownership of my Roomba, I have replaced the side brush motor and a left wheel. I'm concerned that if these parts were not available that this unit will quickly become handicapped. Are you able to obtain parts in the US?
Skyeclad

Postby glnc222 » March 21st, 2017, 5:21 pm

Expert review by Gernan Roboter-Forum member Foxerl, robot collector, at his website https://vactest.jimdo.com/xiaomi-mi-robot-review/
German translates with Microsoft Edge or Chrome web browser.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Panache » March 21st, 2017, 9:14 pm

I have decided to give it a try and ordered a unit from Gearbest. I have seen all sorts of videos from European bloggers that say this thing is the bomb for its price.

Make sure to also check cashback sites! Topcashback and Yazing offer 5 or 6% off, the price on GB changes often with mini sales every few days.

I will gladly review once it arrives.
Panache

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots