Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby Almighty » April 13th, 2017, 2:08 am

What is our app version? I have 4.0.11, in app update is offering 4.1.16, however I'd like to wait for Playstore update and avoid this "anarchy".
Almighty

Postby jesi » April 13th, 2017, 3:15 am

I have 4.1.6
jesi

Postby grin » April 13th, 2017, 3:36 am

Ha. I have 4.1.11. Locale US, language English. When I check for updates it says none are available.
grin

Postby gauntlet » April 13th, 2017, 4:52 am

NEW price 301€ http://bit.ly/2j7aoor Code: XIAOMIVAMT
gauntlet

Postby hellfi » April 14th, 2017, 8:17 am

Screenshot_2017-04-14-15-13-25-831_com.xiaomi.smarthome.png
grin wrote:nope, mine only shows Chinese voices.

Even with the app still in Chinese the English voice is available! See the screenshot, it's the second from the bottom.
hellfi

Postby grin » April 14th, 2017, 8:26 am

No, the application is in English, just the voices are in Chinese. If you look at my screenshot, you'll see only 2 orange ones at the bottom:

Anyways, it appeared today so it's all good. :)
grin

Postby hellfi » April 14th, 2017, 8:34 am

jesi wrote:
I changed locale back to China, because i have another Xiaomi product and it cannot be find/used when locale is set to US.
ENG voice is left, but not seen on list and plugin is back in CN :(

Same issue here, I've looked for instruction to "internationalize" my ants cam but without results so far.

I used BlueStacks for a complete new install of the Xiaomi home app (4.0.11), logged in (Profile is Mainland China and default) and the vacuum app is in English.. some sort of miracle :mrgreen:
hellfi

Postby Dajm » April 14th, 2017, 5:13 pm

I got a fan error. I did a reset, but the error is still there.
Anybody got the same error?
Attachments
Screenshot_20170414-182342.png
Dajm

Postby Medtech » April 15th, 2017, 11:59 am

Yes, some robot users have already received a fan error, they had to disassemble the robot and find out the cause, the fan impeller was blocked by an extraneous object that was easily removed when the fan blades were manually scrolled.
This can be done without opening the robot, a long thin object, such as a spoke through the slots of the exhaust fan.
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Postby glnc222 » April 15th, 2017, 7:27 pm

A number of defects in units are being reported on the German Roboter-Forum (Xiaomi has a presence in Europe). They are even talking about repairing lidar circuit boards. The lower price appears to come with some risks. Deja Vue Neato all over again. Surprising so early in the model life though. Still many users satisfied.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby robottireino » April 16th, 2017, 9:42 am

glnc222 wrote:A number of defects in units are being reported on the German Roboter-Forum (Xiaomi has a presence in Europe). They are even talking about repairing lidar circuit boards. The lower price appears to come with some risks. Deja Vue Neato all over again. Surprising so early in the model life though. Still many users satisfied.

Neato is also known for its bad quality assurance. There was so many complains around the Internet that I canceled my Neato order back in the days. I've also watched so many reviews and videos that I have to say that Xiaomi is just better.

Does anyone know if there is any way of changing the notifications to English as well? I have the English voice pack and my app is in English.
robottireino

Postby jesi » April 16th, 2017, 10:15 am

hellfi wrote:Same issue here, I've looked for instruction to "internationalize" my ants cam but without results so far.

I used BlueStacks for a complete new install of the Xiaomi home app (4.0.11), logged in (Profile is Mainland China and default) and the vacuum app is in English.. some sort of miracle :mrgreen:

You run cam or robot on bluestacks @ PC?

robottireino wrote:Does anyone know if there is any way of changing the notifications to English as well? I have the English voice pack and my app is in English.

If i remember right, i have EN notifications also.

Fun to notice, i really don't mind what language app is, it is so simple to use and can find everything even on CN :)
jesi

Postby indiahill » April 17th, 2017, 12:03 am

As far as I know, OTA (firmware update) and app plugin using something like grey update, i.e. first release them to some user selected by some rule, stay in this situation for some period (maybe several days, maybe weeks, it depends). If there is no issue, then release to all users.
this can clarify why some users get English plugin earlier, and others get it several days later.

It is said that English plugin is fully released on 4/14.
indiahill

Postby hellfi » April 19th, 2017, 7:33 am

jesi wrote:
hellfi wrote:Same issue here, I've looked for instruction to "internationalize" my ants cam but without results so far.

You run cam or robot on bluestacks @ PC?

Yes, works just like on a real device so far.. just as good or bad :D
My ISP has terrible cheap pairing obviously, thus it only works during certain hours without a VPN in between
Attachments
1.png
hellfi

Postby jesi » April 19th, 2017, 7:59 am

Heh.

I tried to clone mi home app, it did run ok and find device but plugin did not run. =(
jesi

Postby the_kenich » April 19th, 2017, 8:32 am

Hey guys, I've got the Mi Home app on android (v4.1.16) and my robot's wifi LED is flashing slowly, but it doesn't show up in the app when I try to add device. I've set the locale to Mainland China, also tried the double button wifi reset, and even did a factory reset. I can see the device broadcasting a wifi signal but the app can't see it when I try to pair. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for the help.
the_kenich

Postby grin » April 19th, 2017, 9:07 am

Did you connect your phone to the robot's wi-fi before running the app?
grin

Postby the_kenich » April 19th, 2017, 9:42 am

Yep, still nothing. Not sure why it wouldn't work.
the_kenich

Postby Panache » April 19th, 2017, 10:33 am

When I got the new English app I had to:
1) Reset the Wifi on the Xiaomi
2) Uninstall the app on the phone. Reinstall and sign in
3) Then try and pair it.

Without the reinstall, for some reason on my android phone, it would not look for the vacuums wifi signal and stayed connected to my home Wifi. Manually switching to the rockrobo wifi did not work either as the app wanted a live connection to the web to start up.
Panache

Postby pdmasta » April 20th, 2017, 11:31 pm

argggh! This stupid carpet issue with the Xiaomi

essentially its a near perfect vacuum that cannot handle even medium thick carpet,

its insane,

I wish i could recommend it to other people, but if they have plush carpet, why would I recommend it?

Xiaomi's support email team is useless, i was asking them if they are going to fix it via. firmware, they have no idea what i'm even talking about.

yes it is a hardware issue with the sensors, but a firmware update to read the data more efficiently can help.
pdmasta

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots