Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby gogoquadzilla » August 10th, 2017, 12:22 pm

My vacuum worked perfectly for a few weeks, even on thick carpet (after trimming the brush), but now there is a certain spot where the vacuum is confused and it spins in circles. The spot is on carpet, but that doesn't seem to matter. I have put cardboard and smooth rugs down in the same spot and get the same weird behavior. It spins in circles like it's stuck, but there is nothing nearby. I've tried rearranging the living room to see if there was an odd reflection, covering the sensors, blocking any windows or glass... nothing fixes it. The only other thing I can think of is a mysterious magnetic field is setting it off. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking of disabling or shielding the sensor somehow, but not sure where it's at.
gogoquadzilla

Postby Mijia » August 10th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Hello gogoqaudzilla,

if i'm not wrong, the magnetic sensor should be under the sonic sensor.

Ps.
I had read few user have wrote over a phenomenon like this, but whether they have solved it i don't know. Good luck and please give us a feedback.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Skyeclad » August 10th, 2017, 5:39 pm

I am only getting about 80 square meters on one charge. Maybe it's because I run the vacuum at maximum suction? I need the vacuum to clean approximately 200 square meters but lately it won't go over 170 square meters.

This is always during schedule cleanups. The robot goes out fully Karma cleans about 80 square meters and then comes back charges up again to 80% goes out for a second cycle, comes back and stays docked until it charges up to 100%.

I need the robot to go back out to cover another 40 square meters of area that is shown on the map but uncleaned. I am talking about rooms that are seen but not entered or half of a room that is not returned to.

This was not a problem before when it went through three cleaning Cycles until the entire floor was covered.

Mijia wrote:@Skyeclad,

is your problem solved and can you tell us what was it, if ?

1. Otherwise, how many square meter he must cleaning and also the max. square meter from your biggest room would be important ?
2. He is fully charged and then he recharges 2 times again, that means he is charged a total of 3 times ?
3. He stay in the dock at the end, or in an other place, if he means finished?
4. Without scheduled day, he makes what, if you let him run normally ?

Ps.
Without that, we can't hope to understand it really, i think.

Regards, Mijia

Skyeclad wrote:Sorry to repeat this question but I don't know if it got lost in the shuffle.

My vacuum cleans and recharges nor more than 2 times per scheduled day. This is happening despite having areas of the maps that have not been cleaned. If I recall correctly, a month or so ago, the unit would go out 3 times if necessary and manage to cover all areas that the map shows.

Has anyone else noticed a change in this behavior as I have? Other then Do not Disturb(which I have turned off) is there any other setting that would prohibit finishing the clean cycle by going out a third time?

:help:
Skyeclad

Postby Mijia » August 11th, 2017, 3:23 am

Hi Skyeclad,

yes maybe the maximum is the reason, because he is sold with up to 250 square meter and the right mindset could be also :
250 square meter is maximum and that with best conditions and silent mode (minimum) and that with normally one (or two) times of recharging.
And with your maximum of suction power, he can't do that. Let us see.

But first please, what is your answer of question 4. and please test one run with "balanced" and it would be good to do that with "turbo" and "silent" also, in the next scheduling. (and if nothing changed, test the same without timer, please)

Ps.
So we hopefully see what's in detail.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Joemit7850 » August 11th, 2017, 10:18 am

Hello my Xiaomi robot vacuum does not move at all even through the side brush and sensor are moving, I have tried to reset or reboot but still doesn't move. What should be the next step now?
Joemit7850

Postby NeilF » August 11th, 2017, 10:34 am

Joemit7850 wrote:Hello my Xiaomi robot vacuum does not move at all even through the side brush and sensor are moving, I have tried to reset or reboot but still doesn't move. What should be the next step now?

Try the Remote Control feature? If it doesn't move then surely that shows drive issue rather than software/sensor?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Joemit7850 » August 11th, 2017, 10:38 am

I had tried the remote control but is still not moving . What should I do with drive issue? Any part which I can buy to replace it? Warranty is over since I bought from online which come with 7 days warranty
Joemit7850

Postby NeilF » August 11th, 2017, 10:40 am

Joemit7850 wrote:I had tried the remote control but is still not moving . What should I do with drive issue? Any part which I can buy to replace it? Warranty is over since I bought from online which come with 7 days warranty

Afraid I can't help on that front...

But 7 day warranty? Surely a year minimum?
NeilF
Robot Groupie

Postby Mijia » August 11th, 2017, 11:22 am

Hello Joemit7850,

pity you have a failure, but what error shows you the app ?

Excuse me, but for no misunderstandings, he is paired in the app and you have worked with him before this error occurs ?

Please read first also the manual and search a bit in the posts and also in "troubleshoting".

Did you make a reset to factory settings ? (read posts and manual for that)

Ps.
After that and if he will not work, tell us more specific and detailed (also the number of the error), what he do or not do please, thanks in advance !
Good luck and your feedback are welcome.

Most parts are listed in ali, but not all are to buy right now (e.g. no motherboard).
In the "bay" it give sometimes also parts to buy.

Regards, Mijia

Joemit7850 wrote:Hello my Xiaomi robot vacuum does not move at all even through the side brush and sensor are moving, I have tried to reset or reboot but still doesn't move. What should be the next step now?
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Guayabita » August 11th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my vacuum, I was installing the new firmware version to my vacuum and suddenly it stops and the ring indicator (home power button) is flashing in white light. I already tried to restart, restart the WiFi, reset, factory reset... In the app it is showed offline and I cannot do anything from there... any idea on what other option do I have to recover it? I'm quite desperate. :cry:

Any new idea will help. :(
Guayabita

Postby Mijia » August 11th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Hi Guayabita,

white fast flashing indicate normally, he is busy with updating.
You really have done a reset to factory settings, the robot tells you he will do that now, as you pushed the buttons, as prescribed ?
He must be outside the dock and it's not allowed to do anythink in this moment that he makes it, until he is really finished.
He must work after that, because he install automatically the firmware of delivery and this is specially for those update accidents !

Ps.
In the moment of an normal update, also nothing is allowed and he tell you if he is finished.
!! Attention, if you do not, it's the greatest mistake anyone can do (disturbed updates / installations "anywhere") and maybe the last chance is to disconnect the battery a short time and reconnect, but always work carefully and understand what's going on !!
Or maybe, you must him only delete (absolutely) in the app and then new install and looking what is come and see then what you can do next.

Important also ever at such things, is a good signal strength of wifi and no disturbed wifi (e.g. by streaming and all other things) !

Good luck.

Regards, Mijia

Guayabita wrote:Hi guys,

I have a problem with my vacuum, I was installing the new firmware version to my vacuum and suddenly it stops and the ring indicator (home power button) is flashing in white light. I already tried to restart, restart the WiFi, reset, factory reset... In the app it is showed offline and I cannot do anything from there... any idea on what other option do I have to recover it? I'm quite desperate. :cry:

Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Pifchik » August 12th, 2017, 6:46 am

Skyeclad wrote:Hey all,

Xiaomi has been running very well but I've been getting couple of these errors over the last 2 weeks. Anyone else seen this?

An internal error occurred. Reboot the system.
Try resetting the system.Vacuum can't operate properly, try resetting the system.

I have the same error , how to solve it?
Attachments
IMG_0248.PNG
Pifchik

Postby Mijia » August 12th, 2017, 7:52 am

Hello Pifchik,

it is not nice for you, if an error occured.
But you can solve it, i think.

You should only read some more posts first, especially from that you have found and also troubleshoting exactly, please ! (and maybe the manual)

Ps.
If you have any questions further, you can ask after that, with pleasure.

No fear you'll make it.

!! Only to clarify it for all follower of this thread once for sure, help for self-help is always the best help, so is never meant annoying and everyone can do more, as he (she) sometimes thinks !! :-)

Regards, Mijia

Pifchik wrote:
Skyeclad wrote:Hey all,

Xiaomi has been running very well but I've been getting couple of these errors over the last 2 weeks. Anyone else seen this?

An internal error occurred. Reboot the system.
Try resetting the system.Vacuum can't operate properly, try resetting the system.

I have the same error , how to solve it?
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Guayabita » August 12th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Hi Mijia,

I did the factory reset as indicated and still nothing, it is outside the dock and I already wait for more than day, but still the same...
I will wait for the battery to uncharged completely and then connect to the dock again and see what happen... I do not want to disconnect the battery cause it is still under warranty.

Wish me luck! And thanks for your answer ;)

Mijia wrote:Hi Guayabita,

white fast flashing indicate normally, he is busy with updating.
You really have done a reset to factory settings, the robot tells you he will do that now, as you pushed the buttons, as prescribed ?
He must be outside the dock and it's not allowed to do anythink in this moment that he makes it, until he is really finished.
He must work after that, because he install automatically the firmware of delivery and this is specially for those update accidents !

Ps.
In the moment of an normal update, also nothing is allowed and he tell you if he is finished.
!! Attention, if you do not, it's the greatest mistake anyone can do (disturbed updates / installations "anywhere") and maybe the last chance is to disconnect the battery a short time and reconnect, but always work carefully and understand what's going on !!
Or maybe, you must him only delete (absolutely) in the app and then new install and looking what is come and see then what you can do next.

Important also ever at such things, is a good signal strength of wifi and no disturbed wifi (e.g. by streaming and all other things) !

Good luck.

Regards, Mijia

Guayabita wrote:Hi guys,

Guayabita

Postby glnc222 » August 12th, 2017, 1:55 pm

There should be nothing wrong with disconnecting the battery. Doing so is a standard practice for any long term storage of battery powered devices, and some robots have switches on them for it -- so they can be shipped with the battery installed. Plus batteries need periodic replacements with the intensity of use in robots.
glnc222
Robot Master

Postby Mijia » August 12th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Hi Guayabita,

he is tell you that he will do the reset to factory settings ?

What's with the delete and new install in the app ?

Ps.
If he maybe goes in sleep mode, it can be a long time to wait that the battery discharged.
But if you have time to wait with warranty, it is a chance.

If you have warranty, maybe it is better you take it then, i think.

What glnc222 said is right, if you will.

Good luck with everything you do !
(your feedback is welcome)

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Joemit7850 » August 12th, 2017, 10:32 pm

The app show internal error

Yes it working good before .
When I press the clean button. The laser distance sensor and vacuum brush is moving as normal however the wheel do not move at all and stay in the same position .

I tried reset and still not working

I bought from the online Qoo10 from a local Singapore retailer which only provide 7 days warranty 1 to 1. The rest warranty need to send back to factory

Mijia wrote:Hello Joemit7850,

pity you have a failure, but what error shows you the app ?

Excuse me, but for no misunderstandings, he is paired in the app and you have worked with him before this error occurs ?

Please read first also the manual and search a bit in the posts and also in "troubleshoting".

Did you make a reset to factory settings ? (read posts and manual for that)
R
Ps.
After that and if he will not work, tell us more specific and detailed (also the number of the error), what he do or not do please, thanks in advance !
Good luck and your feedback are welcome.

Most parts are listed in ali, but not all are to buy right now (e.g. no motherboard).
In the "bay" it give sometimes also parts to buy.

Regards, Mijia

Joemit7850

Postby BootloopBot » August 12th, 2017, 11:09 pm

Today the bot vacuumed the bathroom while it had a small water leak. Seems like some water was sucked into the dustbin and got the filter wet and even some of the water went through the filter and turned the water damage sticker red. (inside the suction compartment, right before the suction fan)
Already dumped the wet filter and replaced with a new one, ill stop using the bot for a few days. I hope this wont affect the bot reliability.
Up until i noticed it, the bot was working perfectly fine. Fingers crossed.
BootloopBot

Postby Joemit7850 » August 13th, 2017, 1:08 am

Hi I think I got the same issue as you, have you managed to solve it?
Kjetil wrote:Internal error occurred - Wheel Issue

Hi,

The robot is great - I have used it for 1 month and now I cant live without it. It is very smart and efficient - I Love it. I have told all my friends to buy the machine!

Until last night.. I got: "Internal Error Occurred, please reboot" I tried several things. I rebooted, reset, hard reset and in the end i deleted the machine from MI Home app and did a "Factory reset" on the machine, installed the new firmware, but still I got the "Internal Error Occurred.."

It seems to be the right wheel. The machines starts up, does one and a half spin, and the shuts down. It seems to not be able to drive straight. I think it is the right wheel that is not working.

Have anyone had this issue? Can I repair it?

rgds/Kjetil
Joemit7850

Postby Joemit7850 » August 13th, 2017, 2:52 am

Kjetil wrote:Mija,

Thanks for your reply - new right wheel ordered, cant wait to get it up and running again.

rgds/K

Hi how do I know which side of wheel to order ? What is the things to look for?
Joemit7850

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots