Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby skyone » September 11th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Mijia wrote:Hello to all friends of the XSTRR :-)

it looks like that a little "secret" ("fence" and "point" steering / that means you can specify the areas for cleaning) is coming out ;-) :

( ) = translation of the chinese language over and for the icons.

fence+point1of2.jpg

(Click the space to zoom in and move the map / 2 x sweep times)
(drop out / local cleaning / go here)

fence+point2of2.jpg

(please click on the blank to place the pushpin)
(drop out / local cleaning / go here)

Ps.
Maybe an update or the second generation or boths (boths i hope) ;-)

So i hope it can make you all are a little bit happier today :-)
Have a nice weekend, look into the future, but don't forget the past ;-)

Regards, Mijia

they deleted the "Mi Robot Vacuum" title on the top of the screen, so i hope it is for our robot and not for some kind of prototype
skyone

Postby Mijia » September 12th, 2017, 9:07 am

Hello all user of XSTRR :-)

Here you can apply for one position of 10 product testers (developer) for the evolution model in the future, that you then get free of charge, i think (contact "Microblogging" and tell them "why" you are "qualified", look and say your evolution for the robot, please do not joke there, thank you / maybe use the automatic browser translator of google ) :

http://weibo.com/6003479221/Fls64Bu5w?f ... 5193016229

product-tester.jpg

Good luck.

Ps.
Skyone, that's the field for your name of the device and it looks like unrecognizable made ;-), also it can be only a part of menu.

Regards, Mijia
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby RobotJunkie30 » September 14th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Mijia wrote:Hi RobotJunkie30,

not yet, unfortunately.

Regards, Mijia

What about the update when is it comming?
RobotJunkie30

Postby Dibs » September 14th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Mijia! This is a tease! I want to buy a Xiaomi robot but I should wait for the new one if it is almost ready.

Are these validation positions for Xiaomi or are they just looking for people to write reviews (bloggers) on the new product?

I am asking because that can give us a better estimate to the release date of the new product. If they are looking for bloggers, then the product is basically ready to release and we should be able to buy it in a few months. If they are validation positions, then the new product probably won't be available for purchase for at least 6 months.

What do you think?
Dibs

Postby Mijia » September 15th, 2017, 1:35 am

Hello all friends of the marvellous things from MIJia (not me :-)) aka Xiaomi - Stone Technology - Rockrobo again and again ;-),

footprints in the dirt (but who brings the sunshine back) :

footprints.jpg

Ps.
(at ? 09.19.2017 / 10:00 am ? :-))

是的, behind the wonderful seven millet and rice noodle mountains, by the seven dwarfs, is still a beauty, but whether it sweep, wipes, or both, no one knows. ;-)

Therefore no further comment, because everybody can think so what's make him happier. Not for nothing, but normally cheaper as more expensive manufacturer (? maybe approx. 2499,- Renminbi Yuan / actual model 1699,- Xiaomi price when presenting the product), if "he" should need it next. :-)

@Dibs, i understand, but 1 or 6 month makes no real difference, i think, if you especially have always the chance to buy the really good first edition of the vacuum and also still for less money !

Regards Mijia
Last edited by Mijia on September 17th, 2017, 11:11 am, edited 13 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Dibs » September 15th, 2017, 11:15 am

Wow, that is a dirty floor! That looks like 2mm of solid dust! I would be afraid to run any robot over a floor that dirty.

Since the floor is clean on the left side of the tire track, I think it's a new model. I wonder if they added a second side brush. Nah, that's unlikely. They probably just added a dragging mop like ilife.

@Mijia, for someone with no robot vacuum, 1 or 6 months makes a big difference! I am ok waiting 1 month. I don't want to wait half a year. Yes, I know you do not work for Xiaomi ;) but you seem to know more than most people. I don't read the Chinese forum...
Dibs

Postby Brett » September 15th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Dibs wrote:... Yes, I know you do not work for Xiaomi ...

Am I the only one wondering about this?!
Not that it makes any real difference, but just saying...

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby skyone » September 16th, 2017, 6:22 am

Mijia wrote:Hello all friends of the marvellous things from MIJia (not me :-)) aka Xiaomi - Stone Technology - Rockrobo again and again ;-),

footprints in the dirt (but who brings the sunshine back) :

footprints.jpg

Ps.
(at ? 09.19.2017 / 10:00 am ? :-))

是的, behind the wonderful seven millet and rice noodle mountains, by the seven dwarfs, is still a beauty, but whether it sweep, wipes, or both, no one knows. ;-)

Therefore no further comment, because everybody can think so what's make him happier. Not for nothing, but normally cheaper as more expensive, if he should need it next. :-)

@Dibs, i understand, but 1 or 6 month makes no real difference, i think.

Regards Mijia

so from what i can understand the next Tuesday 19th Xiaomi will unveil a new robot that is supposed to vacuuming and wash with water as well
skyone

Postby Mijia » September 18th, 2017, 8:13 am

Hi folks with a good character,

normally he will come tomorrow, but :

https://youtu.be/cEOAfzUaSws

Ps.
That is for the long lonely time, specially for you all, but only for few hours, a very very small help (video) to let the time go by. :-)

3, 2, 1, zero, ignition starts, robotreviews we have a lift off ;-) :
footprintsphoto01.jpg

And in action : https://youtu.be/tpJFzPlXOOM

To see ! ALL ! details, scroll there down a little in the link below (excuse me only chinese) :

https://home.mi.com/detail?gid=100284

(climbing over the books is nice in the video on their site)

In your app "mihome" / store you can also look.

(the price looks like 400 US - dollar / 335 Euro in the begining. "geek" has changed now from 399 to 499 USD. Officially 2499 Renminbi Yuan minus a 200 Yuan voucher / gift also)

Only a first translation from "geekbuying", maybe it's better for more details the "original - xiaomi - site" with "google - automatic - translator" in your browser to translate :

"Highlights
Sweep and mopping function :
- Xiaomi Mi robot vacuum cleaner 2 equipped with sweep and mopping function.
- With the plant bionics system, its' filter can absorb water automatically and keep enough water content.
- Mop and water tank (140ml) fit tightly.
- The mop cloth is as wide as the main brush. Sweep first and then mopping, cleaning the floor effectively.
- And it is very convenient to install and remove the tank.
Area cleaning function :
-This is another new function of Mi robot cleaner 2. Download the Mijia APP, the cleaning robot has mastered the whole picture of the home environment, you can customize the cleaning location on the map, then the vacuum will cleaning the location that you specified.
- Compared with the last generation, the Mi robot cleaner 2 has noise reduction design. It comes with silenced cotton which makes it quieter when it is working.
Cleaning performance improved :
- The maximum suction of Mi robot cleaner 2 increased from 1800Pa upgrade to 2000Pa to improve cleaning efficiency.
- It improves the ability to avoid obstacles by optimizing its' wheel suspension system.
- The barrier height is increased from 1.5cm to 2.0cm.
- The capacity of the dust box increased from 0.42L to 0.48L.
- It increased the automatic booster function.After opening this function on the Mijia APP it will automatically recognize the carpet, clean the carpet with its' maximum suction.
- Sensor upgrade
- Xiaomi vacuum cleaner 2 equipped with a high-precision LDS sensor. It will scan the room at 5 x 360 degrees per second.
- There is an omnidirectional pressure sensor above the LDS sensor. Its' role is to induce a slight collision and to prevent the vacuum cleaner into the low sofa.
- Increased soft buffer crash to protect the furniture.
- With the wall sensor, this sensor makes the cleaner robot always keep a distance of about 10mm from the wall when it is working.Besides.
- Mi robot cleaner 2 using a new infrared chargeback technology which makes the recharge more efficient.
Specification / Product details :
Mi robot cleaner
Battery: 14.4V / 5200mAh lithium battery
Wireless connection: Wi-Fi smart fast link
Rated voltage: 14.4V
Rated power: 58W
Working time: 2.5H
Suction: 2000Pa
Charging Dock
Power: 42W
Input Voltage: 100~240V
Output: 20V - 1.8V
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Dimension: 136.5 x 130 x 98 mm
Dimension & Weight Producct Weight: about 3.5kg
Prodcut Dimension: 353 x 350 x 96.5 mm
Package content :
1 x Mi robot cleaner 2
1 x Charging Dock
1 x Power Cable
1 x Water Tank
1 x Mop"

A first explanation (the google automatic translator in your browser is useful / must have). Use always english please, it gives the best result and with a little bit logical thinking you can then understand near 100 %, trust me !

! Attention, the automatically translation can make some mobile phones SLOW (because much) !

! Attention, the plugin is not supported, means always your mobile phone can't play this video on the website (because it's "Flash", but all other is shown) !

Stone Technology : http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13734685

Other (bigger) : http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/t-13733934

(Wow, he is with 4500 devices for 10.000 000 RMB sold out in less than 4 hours of the first day they told !)

@NeilF,
you was heard with the cleaning tool, is it okay, or is it okay. A small gift but nice you are right, do not be angry anymore. ;-)

Mihome will updated to 4.3.11 now !
Changelog :
1. optimize the login page area switching function
2. increase the Korean login area

Last but not least, I would like to say good-bye and would be delighted to have helped in the last months.
Be always kindly to each other please, so that everyone can be a little bit happy, it was an interesting time, thank you.
I wish everyone all the best for the future, less can often be more, but not without a "MIJia" and together !

(be sure this was not an advertisement even if some believe this. The unbelievable truth is it comes only from the heart and hours of hard work ;-) )

!! Here a last suggestion, i think it would be better for the great community worldwide, a friend of the widespread robots let change the xiaomi - thread to an real topic (it give more posts as some other robots, it would better to find and also more specifically sorted and a chance for more structure !), entryed in the different sections (from a "admin" or "mod" / only speak with them please).
So it would be more helpful for all users, thanks a lot in advance, maybe "Xiaomi vacuum 1" and "Xiaomi vacuum 2 - wet" (sorted in News / Reviews / Chat and the other headings).
With your friendly talks together it goes more easy further, the world is wide but the people always humans and the language can be translated.
Only so is the important and often needed information for all to get, in this sense bye and good luck and fun by helping !!

Dear Medtech,
all user should know that the cloth must be cleaned, same as you must make his dustbin empty and also which floor is for wiping, just saying ....
Nevertheless good luck in your business for you !
(and thats not a joke, the waterproof parking place is a little market gap !)

Regards,

Me, not Mijia :-)
Last edited by Mijia on September 21st, 2017, 3:08 am, edited 69 times in total.
Mijia
Robot Addict

Postby Medtech » September 19th, 2017, 1:59 am

A dirty wet cloth will be under a warm robot until the owner remembers it. Sensitive to the smell of people will appreciate this gift, the bacteria multiply well in a wet wet environment and die at a rapid pace, and the smell is usually not destroyed by domestic means.
 The passed stage of wet cleaning which it is desirable to produce under the minimum supervision of the operator. The robot was stuck in the center of the room and left a trail on your wonderful wooden floor.
Not all coatings stand for several hours under a damp object, future users will have to worry about the waterproof parking place.
LDS is used similar, my skills in repair will not be left without work.
IMG_7498.JPG
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Postby amaterasu » September 19th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Medtech wrote:A dirty wet cloth will be under a warm robot until the owner remembers it. Sensitive to the smell of people will appreciate this gift, the bacteria multiply well in a wet wet environment and die at a rapid pace, and the smell is usually not destroyed by domestic means.
 The passed stage of wet cleaning which it is desirable to produce under the minimum supervision of the operator. The robot was stuck in the center of the room and left a trail on your wonderful wooden floor.
Not all coatings stand for several hours under a damp object, future users will have to worry about the waterproof parking place.
LDS is used similar, my skills in repair will not be left without work.
IMG_7498.JPG

You seem to repair the LDS units by replacing the diode, which kind of diodes do you use? Wavelength (nm) and power (mW)?
amaterasu

Postby Dibs » September 20th, 2017, 8:57 am

Is anyone else unimpressed with the new features in the V2?

Carpet boost, lower noise, slightly more power, LDS bumper, and being able to section off parts of the house are kind of nice, but I can live without those features. Mopping is pretty pointless in my opinion.

The only thing that I really care about on it is the additional 0.5 cm of clearance so it can pass taller thresholds and get on carpets. Can we mod the original by giving it bigger wheels or something?
Dibs

Postby Medtech » September 21st, 2017, 9:25 am

Dibs
The robot is prevented from overcoming the thresholds of the lower cover, turn the robot over and look at the most worn places of the robot. In 2 versions, this place is occupied by a mop on this without a mop robot overcomes a large height.
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Postby Dibs » September 21st, 2017, 10:29 am

You're saying that the new version only has a better clearance if the mop is removed?
Dibs

Postby glutaman » September 21st, 2017, 10:40 am

These auto translated messages are an absolute pain sometimes :roll: :help:
glutaman

Postby drog » September 21st, 2017, 12:05 pm

When will the Roborock Sweep One be available?

I'm not sure I'd pay $499 for it but $399 would be more tempting depending on how reviews go. Then again, if cleaning performance is similar to the Mi robot, the increase in price will be very hard to justify.
drog

Postby skyone » September 21st, 2017, 12:56 pm

Dibs wrote:Is anyone else unimpressed with the new features in the V2?

Carpet boost, lower noise, slightly more power, LDS bumper, and being able to section off parts of the house are kind of nice, but I can live without those features. Mopping is pretty pointless in my opinion.

The only thing that I really care about on it is the additional 0.5 cm of clearance so it can pass taller thresholds and get on carpets. Can we mod the original by giving it bigger wheels or something?

well it should be tested as it was for the first model.. by the way i don't understand why they don't add the house cleaning area in the first model too, it should be only a software upgrade i think.

Anyway, thanks to this new model, the previous robot is going to cost even less and it is still a best buy, imho.
skyone

Postby drog » September 21st, 2017, 1:18 pm

Dibs wrote:You're saying that the new version only has a better clearance if the mop is removed?

I hope so. I wouldn't want it climbing on carpet while mopping.
drog

Postby Dibs » September 21st, 2017, 1:22 pm

drog wrote:
Dibs wrote:You're saying that the new version only has a better clearance if the mop is removed?

I hope so. I wouldn't want it climbing on carpet while mopping.

How about high thresholds?
Dibs

Postby Gowinm » September 23rd, 2017, 7:52 am

I am having a similar problem. My vacuum has stopped finding the charging base. I have just purchased another base but that has not fixed the problem. I don't think it's sunlight because the dock has not been moved. It might be the laser I suppose, the thing is the vacuum maps the rooms well enough so I have my doubts about this. I'll try giving the laser a blast of air and see if it improves things. I'll update here if it does. If anyone else has any ideas though I'd be grateful.
Gowinm

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots