Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby Medtech » September 29th, 2017, 7:14 am

Internal error:
You need to roll the robot with your hands forward forwards, for a length of approximately 1 m. 2-3 times, the robot can be turned off or on, it does not matter.
Remember childhood and roll robot forward - back.
This is a very serious proposal - in some cases it helps.
there are difficulties in translating, you need to move the robot forward and back, not quickly, the robot stands on wheels.
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Postby Boogieman » September 30th, 2017, 8:48 am

Mijia wrote:Hi folks with a good character,

Mihome will updated to 4.3.11 now !
Changelog :
1. optimize the login page area switching function
2. increase the Korean login area

Regards,

Me, not Mijia :-)

Here on Sweden the app is still version 4.2.5 from August 17
And robot firmware is version 3.3.9_003077

In updated app above I can't change region to mainland China so the old trick to change region and update don't seem to work any more. Also how to update app to get the"virtual cleaning area" I don't know?

Any ideas?

UPDATE:
I was a bit wrong above since I had clicked on the shortcut for the robot. When I clicked the MI home app (only containing my robot) I could change to China. I managed to update app to 4.3.15 in the following way.

1. Uninstall app
2. Reinstall app in play store 4.2.5
3. When opening app in play store it instantly ask for region (ask even before app open, play store is still shown). There I select the top choice in Chinese letters (chinese letters also on bottom of list but I think that means "other" as in the app, and that choice is really slow for Europe)
4. Open app and sign in
5. Go to settings for the app and check for updates (not settings for robot)
6. Update will proceed "outside play store" to 4.3.15 (some questions asked like participate in xiaomi feedback program, untick the minimal tick mark if you don't want to participate)

7. Go to app settings, Change locale to USA (SINGAPORE SERVER).
When it propose that you change to USA(USA) server - DO NOT, SEE BELOW
!!! IMPORTANT !!!

DO NOT SELECT USA (USA SERVER) as it is currently impossible to pair the mi 1 robot vacuum there (believe me, I tried resetting wifi, resetting robot, direct connecting robot on wifi, connecting through normal wifi, adding manually...NOTHING WORK ON USA(USA) server at least for the old version 1 of the robot.
8. RE-ADD your schedules, do not disturb and so on. Language packs stay, but other than that most info is lost. I had some cleaning history but only for like a week in history the rest was gone.

Tried updating firmware when on China server but above seem to be the latest.

I have not found any way to select cleaning area as for the new robot v2 nor any way to add "virtual walls" so I guess the updates in the app are nothing special except mentioned in the quoted post about korean language =(
Boogieman

Postby Medtech » September 30th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Probably you can find the dependence of the laser diode output out of order, for fans to draw conclusions.
http://forum.ixbt.com/post.cgi?id=attach:47:12643:479:1.jpg
Thank you GOOGLE translator for the freedom of communication.
Medtech
Robot Addict

Postby wendizzles » October 1st, 2017, 8:43 pm

Hi,

New purchaser to the mii robot vacuum. I'm experiencing an unusual problem where my robot won't charge. I've uploaded a video to show the issue. I've tried cleaning/wiping the surfaces and stabilizing the base. Does anyone think it's a dock charging issue or is it the robot itself? Any insight would be appreciated!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6g4O14zGkU
Last edited by wendizzles on October 2nd, 2017, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendizzles

Postby BootloopBot » October 2nd, 2017, 1:09 am

Clean the bot charging pads and try again, if it still doesnt works then get a multimeter and test the contact pads on the charging dock.
If you already cleaned the bot and the charging dock is working fine then your bot is probably faulty.
BootloopBot

Postby DerrickR » October 14th, 2017, 10:07 am

wendizzles wrote:Hi,

New purchaser to the mii robot vacuum. I'm experiencing an unusual problem where my robot won't charge. I've uploaded a video to show the issue. I've tried cleaning/wiping the surfaces and stabilizing the base. Does anyone think it's a dock charging issue or is it the robot itself? Any insight would be appreciated!

The dock is tilting when the robot hits it. Put some foam/cardboard backing on the back at the top so that it stays upright when the robot hits the dock.
DerrickR

Postby Boogieman » October 19th, 2017, 1:35 pm

wendizzles wrote:Hi,

1. Do you have a mop attached below robot? In that case remove them. I attached a mop but that caused contacts to come to high (not standard, but it works as dry mop).
2. If not above, do as mentioned in previous post to support dock
3. If not check the pad align with contact as the robot tries to dock. If not it seems like your height alignment (wheels) are off
4. If it aligns, there is a contact issue. Try cleaning with wd50 / 5-56
And wipe off e dry cloth.
5. Manually push robot against contacts, that should give immediate response "charging". Otherwise base or robo is broken.
Once it is charging, even if you pull it manually away from dock, it will re-dock (wiggling backward into position) without further notice and say charging. It simply WANTS TO charge when idle.

It none above helps, send in for warranty replacement
Boogieman

Postby Skyeclad » October 26th, 2017, 11:27 pm

I don't know if something changed but I lost contact with my vacuum recently and I'm having trouble getting it to sync with my device. So I have installed the app and reset the wifi on the device.

I logged into the mainland China server and it updated the app outside of the play store. I logged in again and while the blue light was blinking, I scanned for a new device in the app. Unfortunately, I'm not finding any devices.

I'm on android oreo 8.1 beta. Does anyone have any idea what might work?

Edit: I was able to use another device that enabled me to see the wifi settings and connect my vacuum to the network and the account. Then I went back to my personal device and logged into my account again using mainland China as the server but for some reason the device doesn't appear to be available in Mi Home. In the past if the vacuum was on Wi-Fi and I uninstalled and reinstalled the mi home application, I would still be able to see the vacuum was attached to my account. For some reason I'm only able to see the the vacuum on the other device even though they're both logged into the same account.
Skyeclad

Postby BootloopBot » October 31st, 2017, 1:56 am

Could be related to Android O.
Thats one of the disadvantages of having the latest OS updates. Sometimes it can screw things up. Based on what you said, that is probably the problem.
BootloopBot

Postby meu » October 31st, 2017, 6:00 am

Hi, in the chinese specs about the new robot, it seems that the new HEPA filter is now water-washable.
For the size/shape, it appears very similar to the one of v1 robot.
Does anybody knows if it fits? it would be nice to be able to clean the filter in that way.

Best,
meu

Postby Franzl » October 31st, 2017, 12:57 pm

Are there any news about hacking the mi robot? (eg. get access through the usb port)
Franzl

Postby akeilox » November 5th, 2017, 11:42 am

meu wrote:Hi, in the chinese specs about the new robot, it seems that the new HEPA filter is now water-washable.
Does anybody knows if it fits? it would be nice to be able to clean the filter in that way.

I am very interested to know about this too. That would be handy if it fits the old one, as getting them is not easy and tend to over buy.
akeilox

Postby BootloopBot » November 5th, 2017, 6:51 pm

I also noticed that but never cared to ask.
From what i can see in online pictures, it seems like the same filter but they probably saved that feature for the newer robot media press.
My current bot has accidentally sucked water twice and it still worked fine after that. However after the second time i changed the filter just as a precaution but it looked fine.
BootloopBot

Postby meu » November 9th, 2017, 3:33 am

Just another question.
Yesterday I noticed that the rockrobo_wifi_... wifi SSID ( the one that the robot creates to allow the Mi Home app to conenct and push your real wifi parameters) was active, open and let to connect. I think this is strange because the robot is actually connected to home wifi (I checked that in the Mi Home app and in my router). I don't like to have that SSID active, even when it only lets you to reach the robot, as it can be a big security fault to reach your home wifi.
Does anybody have seen this behaviour or the rockrobo_... wifi ssid should dissapear once configured?

Best,
meu

Postby indiahill » November 14th, 2017, 5:29 am

meu wrote:Hi, in the chinese specs about the new robot, it seems that the new HEPA filter is now water-washable.

Best,

the v2 filter can fit v1
indiahill

Postby akeilox » November 14th, 2017, 5:33 am

indiahill wrote:

Best,

the v2 filter can fit v1

oh wow, are you certain its a tight/good fit?

i would be ordering few the moment i see one
akeilox

Postby blstz » November 14th, 2017, 8:57 pm

greetings everyone.

im very interested to get a mihome robot vacuum and been doing some research on the product.

i have a question regarding using the robot at a different area from where the base is located. this is because i live in a double story house and the base would be located on the ground floor. i was wondering what would happen if i bring the mi robot vacuum upstairs (without the base) to the first floor and click on the run button.

i've read through quite a bit of this thread and i noticed two things that was mentioned.

1. if i manually "start cleaning" with the robot away from its base, the robot vacuum would do its job and seek/return to its base after the job is done. in this case, what would happen if the robot is not able to find the base (because base is located downstairs)?

2. the robot would always try to return/reverse into the base as it always wants to be docked when on standby mode. that means if i manually lift/removed the robot from the base while charging, the wheels would start turning and the robot trying to find the base?

:thanks:
blstz

Postby akeilox » November 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm

If the robot has enough charge to complete second floor, and if you bring it to a spot on 2nd floor and click clean, it’ll do its job without the base and once finished will return to the spot you started.
It’s the same behavior if you bring the robot to a room and press clean then close the door.
akeilox

Postby indiahill » November 15th, 2017, 2:42 am

akeilox wrote:
indiahill wrote:

Best,

the v2 filter can fit v1

======================
Yes, I am sure. since I have both v1 and v2
indiahill

Postby akeilox » November 15th, 2017, 3:09 am

indiahill wrote:
akeilox wrote:
indiahill wrote:

Best,

the v2 filter can fit v1

======================
Yes, I am sure. since I have both v1 and v2

thats cool! how do you find the v2? is it worth the price, and how is it better than v1?
akeilox

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots