Mi Robot vacuum

Questions and comments about all other Robots go here.

Re: Mi Robot vacuum

Postby lautaro » April 16th, 2018, 9:36 am

My robot fell into the shower and got some water damage on the motherboard.

I've been looking for the motherboard replacement part but can not find it online.

Does anyone know where I could buy it?
lautaro

Postby NeilF » April 19th, 2018, 8:11 am

Another example of messages from the unit no longer arriving to me (quickly) anymore.

A few weeks ago I would get instant notifications of the unit started/stopping cleaning, or getting stuck.

I went home at lunchtime, to find the robot had started its schedule clean hours before, got stuck, and no notifications had arrived with me (yet).

What is causing this delay?
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby oscha » April 23rd, 2018, 2:53 am

HI,

Help!
I purchased my Roborock 2 just last week. After using it for 3 days, it stopped working. It's unresponsive, no voice, no wifi indicator, app showing it offline. It give out glowing white light with occasional fast red flashing light. What could be the problem? Thanks.
oscha

Postby indiahill » April 23rd, 2018, 10:25 pm

maybe you can:
1. first try to charge it .
2. try to reset it to factory version. there is detailed procedure on user manual.
indiahill

Postby indiahill » April 23rd, 2018, 10:26 pm

oscha wrote:HI,

Help!
I purchased my Roborock 2 just last week. After using it for 3 days, it stopped working. It's unresponsive, no voice, no wifi indicator, app showing it offline. It give out glowing white light with occasional fast red flashing light. What could be the problem? Thanks.

maybe you can:
1. first try to charge it .
2. try to reset it to factory version. there is detailed procedure on user manual.
indiahill

Postby NeilF » April 26th, 2018, 7:13 am

Anyone else still waiting for the software update for the V1 robot to offer zone cleaning? I've heard some people have got it, but I'm still waiting :(

ps: On a good note, at least my notifications are now coming through immediately!
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby mikekelly » April 26th, 2018, 9:06 am

I'm still waiting too. It's been like almost a month and still nothing.
mikekelly

Postby NeilF » April 26th, 2018, 9:23 am

mikekelly wrote:I'm still waiting too. It's been like almost a month and still nothing.

And clue what we're looking for? eg: A "Zone" option on the main Vacuum "map" screen? Or elsewhere?
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby NeilF » April 27th, 2018, 6:17 am

I spotted in an article about the mk1 getting the zone cleaning, "For both functions you need to be on Mi Home App Version 5.1.25. The firmware of your vacuum cleaner robot must be version 3.3.9_003194".

In my case:-
Mi Home App Version: 3.3.9_003095
Robot Firmware: 5.1.30

So it seems I'm waiting just for a firmware update on the unit... Grrr!
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby idk » April 29th, 2018, 12:50 pm

NeilF wrote:Anyone else still waiting for the software update for the V1 robot to offer zone cleaning? I've heard some people have got it, but I'm still waiting :(

ps: On a good note, at least my notifications are now coming through immediately!

Are you on the china server? I think currently only the mainland china server has those features so make sure the app and vacuum are on that server. Otherwise I'd say try to reinstall the app. I had the features on my android but it wasn't showing up on my ios device until one day I decided to press clean and then when i went back to the app the features showed up.
idk

Postby NeilF » April 29th, 2018, 2:48 pm

idk wrote:
NeilF wrote:Anyone else still waiting for the software update for the V1 robot to offer zone cleaning? I've heard some people have got it, but I'm still waiting :(

Are you on the china server? I think currently only the mainland china server has those features so make sure the app and vacuum are on that server. Otherwise I'd say try to reinstall the app. I had the features on my android but it wasn't showing up on my ios device until one day I decided to press clean and then when i went back to the app the features showed up.

I'm on "The United States (Singapore Server)"

My app is upto date. It the robot's firmware that isn't enough?

As mentioned:-
I spotted in an article about the mk1 getting the zone cleaning, "For both functions you need to be on Mi Home App Version 5.1.25. The firmware of your vacuum cleaner robot must be version 3.3.9_003194".

In my case:-
Robot Firmware: 3.3.9_003095
Mi Home App Version: 5.1.30
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby idk » April 29th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Well there's part of your problem, the real feature comes from the vacuum firmware itself. The mi home app doesn't really matter as much. I am on mi home 5.1.16 and still have zone cleaning, vacuum is on 3194.

Again, even if you update, the feature may not be there. If not, then try moving the vacuum and ur mi home app to mainland china and trying that.

But yes you need to update your vacuum firmware. Not sure why you missed on doing that.
idk

Postby NeilF » April 29th, 2018, 4:43 pm

idk wrote:Well there's part of your problem, the real feature comes from the vacuum firmware itself. The mi home app doesn't really matter as much. I am on mi home 5.1.16 and still have zone cleaning, vacuum is on 3194.

Again, even if you update, the feature may not be there. If not, then try moving the vacuum and ur mi home app to mainland china and trying that.

But yes you need to update your vacuum firmware. Not sure why you missed on doing that.

Missed doing what? I have no option to upgrade the firmware? According to the app I'm upto date, so it doesn't seem to have been released yet to my server.
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby idk » April 29th, 2018, 5:02 pm

Are you still on US singapore? Try mainland china.........
idk

Postby mikekelly » April 29th, 2018, 5:07 pm

I have been trying to get mine updated for weeks. I had read that I needed to be on the China server, and I thought I was. Turns out I was on the Hong Kong server. Once I switch to the China server the update finally came through!
mikekelly

Postby NeilF » April 29th, 2018, 5:19 pm

mikekelly wrote:I have been trying to get mine updated for weeks. I had read that I needed to be on the China server, and I thought I was. Turns out I was on the Hong Kong server. Once I switch to the China server the update finally came through!

Can you just change that in your Mi Hope App with no side effects? ie: No need to re-register or set up your robot again etc?
NeilF
Robot Addict

Postby twistdh » April 29th, 2018, 6:13 pm

NeilF wrote:
mikekelly wrote:I have been trying to get mine updated for weeks. I had read that I needed to be on the China server, and I thought I was. Turns out I was on the Hong Kong server. Once I switch to the China server the update finally came through!

Can you just change that in your Mi Hope App with no side effects? ie: No need to re-register or set up your robot again etc?

i have tried to set "china" server (i'm on singapore server at the moment) but i don't have the vacuum (and also my other gadget)...it seems that when i switch to china server i have to re-register the robot and all my gadget, but i'm worried to lose all the data of the robot.

any suggestions?
twistdh

Postby Docteur G » April 30th, 2018, 4:43 am

Hi everyone, I have purchased a v2 a few months ago (on Taobao as I was living in Hong Kong at that time) and now it's malfunctionning: I get the "an internal error occurred, reboot the system" voice message every time I try to start the cleaning process. What's weird is that if I use the remote controlling feature, the robot starts and functions well. I'm not sure how to proceed now -- at first I thought that changing the right wheel would fix the problem (as there was some sort of stiffness while trying to turn the wheel by hand) so I changed it but still got the error. Any clue?

Would be awesome if we had access to error logs or an autotest feature :/
Docteur G

Postby idk » May 1st, 2018, 9:57 pm

twistdh wrote:
NeilF wrote:

i have tried to set "china" server (i'm on singapore server at the moment) but i don't have the vacuum (and also my other gadget)...it seems that when i switch to china server i have to re-register the robot and all my gadget, but i'm worried to lose all the data of the robot.

any suggestions?

I think you do have to do the Wifi Reset of the vacuum , I don't remember exactly since I've always used mainland china. What data are you exactly worried about losing? I'm pretty sure the map is still there and even if you lose the map you could easily redo it.
idk

Postby NeilF » May 2nd, 2018, 4:34 am

I guess the worry about changing your server would be losing all your history. ie: How many hours your robots done etc?

Surely at some point they'll release the firmware update to their other servers?
NeilF
Robot Addict

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Robots